1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-pl5 with VF-4 question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Rangerob, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Rangerob

Rangerob Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2013
    Hello,
    I was wondering if the vf-4 shows reduced resolution with the E-pl5 like with the xz-2? Ive read that the eye sensor does not work, but was unsure if the vf-4's full resolution would be used.
    Thank you.

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    I don't have the VF4 but I'm sure the EPL5 supports vf4's full res

3. Replytoken

Replytoken Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 7, 2012
    Puget Sound
    Ken
    I know that the E-PL2 does not support full resolution with the VF-4, but the E-PL5 should.

--Ken

4. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

I think you need to update the FW for the E-PL5 and, according to Olympus, it will support the EVF at full rez. I use the VF-4 on the older E-P3 and full rez is supported.

5. Rangerob

Rangerob Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 9, 2013
    I appreciate the info guys.

6. Allan Ostling

Allan Ostling Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 24, 2010
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I just bought the VF-4 and have it mounted on my E-PL5, which is updated with the latest firmware 1.2. I sold my VF-2 a week ago so do not have it for comparison.

Can you substantiate your claim that this combo is at full resolution?

7. Microman

Microman Mu-43 Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    "I just bought the VF-4 and have it mounted on my E-PL5, which is updated with the latest firmware 1.2. I sold my VF-2 a week ago so do not have it for comparison." You have it, you tell us.

8. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
  9. LeeOsenton

LeeOsenton Mu-43 Button Clicker

Jun 25, 2010
    Hayes, Virginia, U.S.A.
    Lee Osenton
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. I usually click the buy button and hope for the best. I could could do the research but then I might not have the opportunity to exercise a seller's return policy or the subject matter to fuel a rant on the forum. ~ Cadet Oblivious

Ok, sunday morning sarcastic mission complete. I did thoughtlessly click the buy button yesterday and woke up today fearing I would be disappointed because I hadn't done my homework. Your link and logical thought confirmed my updated E-PL5 will do fine. Thanks,

Lee

10. ttomino1980

ttomino1980 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2014
    Slovakia
    oh thanks...good to know that even my historic E-PL3 can have full res with vf4 ...now only to find some with good money...maybe once the E-P model will apear with integrated EVF

11. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I put the VF-4 on my E-P2! Gotta love backward compatability.

EP2.