1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL5 scene modes

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kgeissler, Jun 2, 2013.

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    I shoot in RAW+JPG, so when I shoot a picture in SCN mode, it produces 2 images, and I usually like the JPG version better, so it gets time consuming deleting the ORF file.

So today, I put my camera in RAW mode only, shot a pic in scene mode and it only had the RAW file on the card. Is there a way to shoot in RAW, but have the SCN mode pictures shoot only in JPG?

2. ivoire

ivoire Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2011
    Naperville, IL
    mike
    You could create a "my set" and assign it to a button or to the i-auto dial. Since i neve shoot in i-auto i assigned it to shoot in bracket mode with the settings i most use. OR you could assign the function button to jpg. Then when you went to scene mode you just press the button to initiate jpg shooting.

3. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    That doesn't seem to work. I tried setting the function button to switch to JPG, which will work in all modes but SCN mode. And if I set a MYSET to shoot in JPG, I can't turn it on in SCN mode. It seems like the function and the MYSETS are disabled in SCN mode.

4. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    Hmmm - I never use SCN mode, but I do use the SCN setting on the dial to select a Myset I've configured for HDR.