1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL5 movie mode with lens adaptor

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by wonderotter, Jan 6, 2013.

1. wonderotter

wonderotter New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2013
    Loving my new E-PL5, but I've noticed an odd quirk...maybe someone can shed some light. With the kit lens, I can have seemingly full control over movie mode - ss, aperture, iso, etc.. Panning from a bright area to a dark area doesn't change the expo. When I put a Nikon lens on with an adaptor, the camera seems to auto range the ISO in movie mode...all settings are identical to shooting with the kit lens, but when I pan from dark to light, etc., the exposure does shift. Movie mode is set to manual, iso is set to a fixed value, WB is fixed...everything that can be fixed value is, but the camera still seems to auto range 'something' when the lens adaptor is on....any ideas?
    TIA,
    Jeff

2. wonderotter

wonderotter New to Mu-43

Jan 6, 2013
    Replying to myself!

So...after fiddling for a while with settings, it seems that having a 'myset' set to movie mode on the top dial makes something autorange...whether iso or ss. Even though the myset was completely manual. Manual control is working fine now after deleting the movie mode myset...maybe this is a firmware bug...dunno. I dunno...this camera is so configurable that it is kinda confusing, but I'm sure I'll get it ; )