1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PL5 Max ISO

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kgeissler, Nov 14, 2012.

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    What ISO does everyone use for the Maximum ISO in Auto ISO mode? I am just curious. I initially set mine to 6400, but thought there was a little to much noise, so I lowered it to 3200. Then again, it could have been user error.

2. With_Eyes_Unclouded

With_Eyes_Unclouded Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 17, 2012
    Vassilios
    On the OM-D (same sensor, so it's applicable) I seldom go over ISO2500 to be honest. I try not to use Auto ISO, since I generally don't trust any camera's decisions on this area. They tend to be quite liberal in boosting ISO to where you get a "comfortable" shutter speed. The OM-D has an advantage due to IBIS-5 but usually you can safely gain a stop of ISO by selecting a lower shutter speed. This is by experience with the E-PL2 and E-PM1 too.

If you have to set it, 3200 is a safe choice though.

3. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror! Subscribing Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Clint
    I gues it depends on what you think is too much noise. Personally I think 6400 is very usable on my epm2 (which has the same sensor). However I only use it at a last resort.

4. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I've set mine to 3200 maximum.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.