E-pl5 iso6400..... Wow

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by tewmom, Dec 21, 2013.

1. tewmom

tewmom Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 16, 2013
    I have had my little E-PL5 for a week now. I just got the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 and couldn't wait to try it out. I have always tried to limit the ISO to a maximum of 1600, but decided to let it fly for this shot. This is the raw pic converted to jpg, only adjustment was applying the unsharp filter in PS. I am very impressed with how it handled the high ISO. Not to mention, I love this little lens! My only complaint is that I should have shot it at a smaller aperture so I could get his nose in focus too. I was so intent on the eyes.

[​IMG][/url] Waiting for Christmas by Tewmom, on Flickr[/IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. johnnyt8

johnnyt8 New to Mu-43

Dec 11, 2013
    Just got the e-pl5 and waiting on the 45 which should be here Monday. Cant wait!

Sent from my HTC One using Mu-43 mobile app
  3. hazwing

hazwing Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 25, 2012
    When the scene is reasonably well lit, the noise can be pretty good, as can be seen in your image. I find the noise gets more noiceable and distracting in darker scenes or darker areas of a image.
  4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Nice shot...these cameras continuously impress me with their low-light abilities. If you've been shooting digital for a while (I've been shooting it for about a decade), you'll remember when having clean ISO 1600 was an incredible feat...now, a tiny little camera can pull off ISO 6400 as cleanly as ISO 1600 was a few years ago, and we were happy as monkeys in a crate of bananas about it!
  5. Gary Ramey

Gary Ramey Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    Aurora Colorado
    I actually like the nose OOF while the eyes are in focus...different perspective. I think given its ISO6400 it is a wow moment. I had this moment with my EM5 and constantly shoot sports in ISO3200 indoors. Rarely are these photos every blown up beyond 11X14 so it works.
  6. pdk42

pdk42 One of the "Eh?" team

Jan 11, 2013
    Leamington Spa, UK
    The E-PL5 is a much under-appreciated camera IMHO. I know I love mine. It goes pretty well everywhere with me in a little bag along with the 45, the 9-18 and either the Sammy 7.5 fisheye or the 17/1.8.
  7. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    I agree. If reasonably lit and properly exposed high iso with the E-M5, E-P5, E-PL5, E-PM2 are pretty good.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Mu-43 mobile app
    • Like Like x 1