1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-PL5 firmware wishlist, add your opinions!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jyc860923, Nov 21, 2012.

1. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Hi all

I've been shooting my newly arrived E-PL5 for days, despite the differences I have to get used to since moved from GF3, there are some flaws IMO needs to get improved.

-need to be able to configure clickwheel rotating to zoom in/out while viewing other than just to browse next/previous;

-real smooth pan & zoom during playback and live view operations, now the touchscreen operation is like paralysed compared to my GF3's;

-more detailed info displayed over the full screen playback, so that I don't have to switch between detailed and full screen display when viewing;

-option to lower the manual focus ring's sensitivity, so that I could leave the AF method as S-AF + MF, now I've assigned the movie record button to AF/MF switch;

-lower clickwheel's sensitivity since it always causes mistakes due to being small & loose.

And where exactly is the L-Fn button located????:confused:

Let's hear yours pls

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Manual focus ring sensitivity is controlled by the lense, not the camera so I think your gonna have to just deal with it. Firmware won't correct for this, and I'm guessing its the 25 you have an issue with.

3. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Custom function for the movie record button can be different in each shooting mode!

Can assign custom function to delete button!

HDR mappable to more than just Fn button.

Put Noise reduction settings in SCP. Take out color space and other useless adjustments.

4. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Put HDR into SCP with gradation settings. Basically time to overhaul these menus / setup menus.

5. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    it's the 25 1.4, but also 45-200, a slightest move can cause the camera to react, my GF3 doesn't really respond to tiny movements.

6. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Same here, mapped HDR to Fn button, but I found it handy.

it's just not easy to use it singlehanded, for the playback and delete button located in the left:frown:

7. jyc860923

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    And E-PL5 don't remember custom gradation settings (in Exposure Compensation + info Key) yet I guess - I was wrong, it does remember

and you can also choose to map HDR to the red record button.

8. alvinksu

alvinksu Mu-43 Regular

Nov 20, 2012
    New York
    L-FN is lens function. If you have the 12-50mm lens. It's there.

• Like Like x 1
  9. rolfen

rolfen Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 3, 2014
    Yes assign custom function to trash button in shooting mode. It's just useless right now!
    And I'd like to be able to enable image stabilisation and shock-protection (anti-shock shutter lag) at the same time, because IS without shock protection can cause problems.