E-PL5/E-PL6/E-PL7: ergonomics?

Andym72

Mu-43 Veteran
Yes it is, it's complete bollocks.

Oh look who's being big and clever and adding to a discussion between grown ups.

OK, you didn't •get• the point of my reply, so I'll be blunt.

Coming out with goby utterances with •no• statements of fact to back them up puts you firmly in the "seldom doubtful but always wrong" camp.

You're just heat and noise and a waste of Oxygen.

Smashr

New to Mu-43
OK. An update to an old (and apparently devolved?) thread:

I ended up trading in the E-PL6 for an E-M5. I was scared away by reports of mechanically weak controls in the E-M10, though in retrospect I probably would've preferred its built-in flash.

At any rate, I'm happy. After a couple of weeks shaking it down and getting used to it I took the E-M5 with me on a recent trip to the UK, in a last-minute decision between it and my K-5 II and assortment of primes. Other than wanting more reach during the Bournemouth air show (I just had the 14-42 kit lens and the 20mm Lumix), I was very happy to have that kind of IQ in such a small package. And it was great to have both the rear LCD and the EVF available; I was surprised at how much I appreciated framing with the LCD.

I still prefer the ergonomics of the K-5/II; after three years with the K-5 and K-5 II, shooting with it has gotten to be second nature. But the E-M5 is growing on me, especially with it up with the SCP and 4-way controller defaulting to focus point select. So it's good.

I love it with the 20/1.7.
dorset-001-2.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dorset-006.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• dorset-001.jpg
    dorset-001.jpg
    539.2 KB · Views: 53
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom