1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL5 cases - compact cases & also compatibility with E-P5?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jageanke, Apr 10, 2014.

1. jageanke

jageanke Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 10, 2014
    Hi there - I've just joined, having read a few threads with useful discussions. I recently purchased the EPL-5 dual lens kit (14-42 and 40-150) and picked up the f/2.5 Panasonic 14mm pancake prime.

Very happy thus far, but pondering cases a fair bit.

I know I need a bag to lug it all around in (holiday, travel etc), but when I am out and about with say, just the one lens, I'd like something that is as slim and unobtrusive as possible. I've seen this case that fits the EP-5 and I am wondering if it will fit the EPL-5 as well, given it's a leather wrap in a sense:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MegaGear-Pr...d=1397126596&sr=8-3&keywords=olympus+pen+case

Someone says on the page that it will, but I am not convinced and wouldn't want to buy one if it won't fit or be at least very close. I'm conscious that dimensions are very similar, but that the EP-5 is 122mm and the EPL-5 is 110mm/111mm ... not sure if anyone has experience of these or knows of a good alternative in the UK.

On a side, does anyone have suggestions for a compact travel case for the above kit, plus charger and cables at all?

Thanks in advance for all and any assistance/suggestions!