1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-PL3 without kit lens?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Dogegirl, May 23, 2012.

1. Dogegirl

Dogegirl  

May 23, 2012
    Is it possible to buy the E-PL3 without the 14-45 kit lens as I dont have a need for it. I want just the body. I may return my E-PL3 with kit back to Amazon if I can get just the E-PL3 body for say $200 cheaper.

2. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    E Bay has them from time to time.

3. Dogegirl

Dogegirl  

May 23, 2012
    Ebay??? No but no thanks, you can never tell if those "dealers" are reputable. And if something is wrong returning it is the biggest hassle with ebay. Any other suggestions of a actual reputable dealer like B&H or Adorama or Amazon?

4. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi
    First of all welcome to this wonderful world of MFT . Now EPL3 comes with 14-42 mm lens and not 14-45 .Its possible to get EPL3 without kit lens but there won't be USD 200 difference . This is a good option for u .. EPL3 with 17 mm lens for USD 479
    Cheers
    Bhupinder
    Olympus PEN E-PL3 Micro 4/3 Digital Camera & 17mm f/2.8 Lens (Black) - Factory Demo includes Full 1 Year Warranty

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I don't believe that Olympus offers the E-PL3 as a body-only. So your options are limited to buying the kit (and reselling the kit lens if you like) or buying the body in the secondary market.

You might check out Cameta Camera as they generally have refurbished kits for very decent prices.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

There are many reputed dealers on ebay as well .
    Cheers

7. Redridge

Redridge Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2012
  8. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    I'm noticing in your other post that you are planning on also getting the underwater housing. The way I read the specs for the Olympus housing, it would appear that it accommodates only(?) the 14-42 kit lens, so that might be something to consider (unless you happen to already have a 14-42 lens on hand or are looking at a third-party housing).

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Why not just sell the kit lens yourself, and keep the body you have?

10. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Bob
    Ned's suggestion is probably your best path. Olympus has never packaged the E-PL3 without lens, so you're not likely to find a new-straight-from-Olympus E-PL3 body-only anywhere.

There have been many kit lenses for sale in the Buy/Sell section of this forum. You might want to search that section to see what prices have been. Be forewarned, though... you'll not see anywhere near $200 for it.