E-pl3 unwanted "diorama" effect

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Hi,
I know this is an old camera now but I'm having a strange problem with it and I'm just wondering if I have inadvertently changed a setting somewhere, or if this is a fault.
As you will see on the attached image, there is a central vertical area which is in focus while the sides are not. It's as if I have turned the diorama special effect, but I haven't!!
Has anyone else had this problem? Have I done something stupid or is this a fault on the camera? (It happens with both 14-42mm and 40-150mm lenses).
Thanks in advance for any advice...
PA284854.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Mu-43 Legend
according to the manual, art filter 5 is "Diorama" so make sure you aren't set on that. Does it happen in RAW?

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the quick reply!
It's happening all the time. Maybe you missed it in my original post, it happens on both 14-42 and 40-150 lenses.
Like you I originally thought it was a lens problem but apparently not.
And the camera is set on P not on Art Filters.
I'll have a look at the raw file.

TNcasual

Mu-43 Legend
You can be set in P mode and still have in be in an Art filter mode. Go the the SCP and what is the on the top right block?

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Thanks all, mystery solved.
As TNcasual suspected, when I went into SCP there it was at the top right, Art5.

I've had this camera five years and never used the Art Filters, now I know not to fiddle with them.

Thanks again.

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
Glad you got it fixed!

I'm sure most of us have had issues with a mystery setting on these cameras at one point. There's only about 20 pages of menu items to change!

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Well, sometimes it looks quite good, but in general I think it's better turned off.
Unfortunately the effect is there in the raw file too so for these shots I'm stuck with it ??

barry

Super Moderator
Well, sometimes it looks quite good, but in general I think it's better turned off.
Unfortunately the effect is there in the raw file too so for these shots I'm stuck with it ??
It's in the PREVIEW in the raw file, but the unaltered image is in the raw data. Even Olympus Viewer should be able to remove the filter.

richardp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Hi Barry
Thanks for pointing that out, as you can probably tell I don't use raw files often!! Fortunately I still capture the raw data anyway so I was able to fix this...
PA284854-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JinFL

New to Mu-43
Took me 2 weeks and a Reddit post to find out what "FLK" meant on my Olympus' screen.

I was making changes, and somehow turned on LSF mode...I thought there was only LF or LN modes?.....Anyway, now I have FLK on my LIVE View screen at the top. What does that stand for?

Also, is there a Large Super fine mode or not? Not sure how I turned it on.

Thanks from a Canon man.

J in FL

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I was making changes, and somehow turned on LSF mode...I thought there was only LF or LN modes?.....Anyway, now I have FLK on my LIVE View screen at the top. What does that stand for?

Also, is there a Large Super fine mode or not? Not sure how I turned it on.

Thanks from a Canon man.

J in FL
FLK = Flickerless.
LSF = Large SuperFine - it is the best quality JPG mode, keep using it.
All this is covered in the manual, will worth reading.

Growltiger

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I see you double posted so I wasted my time answering you here...

Latest threads

Top Bottom