E-PL3 HDR set up

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Hatefire, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Hatefire

Hatefire New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2013
    Murrieta California
    Michael
    Camera epl3 14-42 kit lens polarize filter
    I am a newbie, I understand I need lessons at a minimum I need to read tutorials, and yes I need to experiment. That being said

I am going backpacking/fly fishing in the eastern sierras next week with a tripod

I would like to shoot pictures to process in photomatix for landscape HDR
    Right now I have my epl3 set up as record button is myset 1 3f 1.0EV
    Which mode A P S M should I be shooting in?

I can't figure out how to set it up for more than 3f
    Would like any other combination that an accomplished photographer can suggest, if this is possible, or is what I have acceptable?

Thank you

2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Many might object, but I say for no-fuss shooting, P mode is usually good enough. Try shooting in raw+jpeg at least, just to be sure. You'd want to minimize the things that can go wrong when on such trips.

3. Hatefire

Hatefire New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2013
    Murrieta California
    Michael
    Thank you. I'm going out this evening to try my hand at sunsets, and flowers.
    This is truly a great wealth of info on this site.

4. Batfink

Batfink New to Mu-43

Jun 14, 2011
    Newcastle Australia
    For HDR it is best to be in Aperture Priority mode, you don't want your depth of field to be changing, on a tripod and make sure IS is turned off.
    I use a E-PL2 and can set it up to bracket 5 frames at 1 stop intervals, so that 2 stops under to 2 stops over, and use continuous shooting mode, that way you only have to press the shutter button once.

5. Hatefire

Hatefire New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2013
    Murrieta California
    Michael
    Thanks for the info, I'll give that a trial run tomorrow
    I guess I wasn't as detailed in my explanation now that I re-read my post.
    Yes I can set up camera for 5f @ 1EV also, but I can't figure how to program it as a myset. So that I can do bracketing at the touch of a button, and then return to normal shooting without going back into the menu and changing everything back. But in all honesty when your sitting at the top of a mountain at 11,900 feet you got all the time in the world.

6. Hatefire

Hatefire New to Mu-43

Jun 13, 2013
    Murrieta California
    Michael
    First HDR

On the way to the mail box, hand held, AP 3f 1EV bracket first attempt

Attached Files:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.