1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

e-pl3 handling with larger lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Jan 9, 2012.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I've been going back and forth between the e-pl2 and e-pl3 and tested both cameras with their kit lens at several shops already. I've just about decided on the e-pl3 but one thing I have not had a chance to test is the e-pl3 or either camera, fitted with a larger lens like the Olympus 40-150 or Panasonic 45-200.

How does it balance out with larger and heavier lenses? I also have a few older Nikon AI lenses I am planning on using but I'm not sure about the balance of the camera without a hand grip.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Don't worry, they balance fine. Get an adjustable wrist strap for your E-PL3.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    You're not gonna shoot with one hand with a long lens anyway and as long as you don't try, the camera is fine with a long lens. Get a Franiac or other grip for it - makes it easier to handle one handed with a small lens. But with a big lens it's less necessary because your left hand always should come into play.

-Ray

4. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I guess you're right about that. Now I just have to get over my hatred for the mismatching 16:9 screen they put on that camera:mad: