e-pl3 handling with larger lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by a_hit_of_meth, Jan 9, 2012.

1. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I've been going back and forth between the e-pl2 and e-pl3 and tested both cameras with their kit lens at several shops already. I've just about decided on the e-pl3 but one thing I have not had a chance to test is the e-pl3 or either camera, fitted with a larger lens like the Olympus 40-150 or Panasonic 45-200.

How does it balance out with larger and heavier lenses? I also have a few older Nikon AI lenses I am planning on using but I'm not sure about the balance of the camera without a hand grip.

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Don't worry, they balance fine. Get an adjustable wrist strap for your E-PL3.

3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    You're not gonna shoot with one hand with a long lens anyway and as long as you don't try, the camera is fine with a long lens. Get a Franiac or other grip for it - makes it easier to handle one handed with a small lens. But with a big lens it's less necessary because your left hand always should come into play.

-Ray

4. a_hit_of_meth

a_hit_of_meth Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    I guess you're right about that. Now I just have to get over my hatred for the mismatching 16:9 screen they put on that camera:mad: 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.