E-PL3 handling and ergonomics.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Kiwi Paul, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Kiwi Paul

Kiwi Paul Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    Aberdeen Scotland
    A few folk on various forums have asked what the E-PL3 is like to hold with concerns it looks "slippery" and hard to grip, also because it has no handle does it make it hard to grip.

Well the answer for me is no, it's really fine, infact very ergonomic and easy to use. It doesn't slip in my hand at all and is easy to hold with just the right hand.
    It sort of cradles in the palm of my hand preventing it from slipping and held by the thumb and middle finger with the forefinger positioned just right to activate the shutter.

Here's 2 pics demonstrating, one with the 20mm and the other with the 100-300 Lumix lens.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs Super Moderator

Apr 17, 2010
    Near Philadephila
    Wow, I've used the 100-300 with mine and its much more comfortable than I'd have anticipated, but I'm sure not holding the camera like THAT!!! Definitely a two handed operation for me.

For other smaller lenses, I added the Franiac grip and I'm very comfortable using it one handed in a manner similar to how you're holding it, but I find it much better with the grip than without. And its still not as comfortable to hold as the EP3, but its close enough to make this a better choice for me.