1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PL3+40-150+Sigma Close Up Lens Does Macro

Discussion in 'Nature' started by craftysnapper, Aug 9, 2012.

1. craftysnapper

craftysnapper Mu-43 Regular

While waiting for Olympus to come out with a MTF Macro lens I thought I would try using a Sigma close up attachment lens on the E-PL3 and 40-150mm lens.

I was very surprised by the results and the focusing is better and faster than when I used it on my FT E-System lenses!

Small Honey Bee Gathering Pollen. Processed in CO6
    View attachment 222803

E-PL3    OLYMPUS M.40-150mm F4.0-5.6 R    150mm    f/8.0    1/400s    ISO 800

View attachment 222805

• Like Like x 2
  2. beckyi90

beckyi90 Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    Stockton, UK
    Really nice shots, excellent definition on the bees. What magnification is the adaptor out of interest?

3. longimanus

longimanus Mu-43 Regular

Apr 29, 2011
    Madrid (Spain)
    Incredible!!!

Nice shots sharp and nice colors.
    What is the close up lens exact model?
    A friend of mine is looking for some cheap stuff for macro photography and meanwhile earn some money for real macro lens.
    Really I am thinking if you will need it, looking at you wonderful shots!!!!

Regards

4. craftysnapper

craftysnapper Mu-43 Regular

Thanks guys. It was the 58mm sigma achromatic macro lens which is a +1.6 and can sometimes be found on e-bay.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.