1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL2 RAW to DNG to Aperture 3

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by aericj, Apr 4, 2011.

1. aericj

aericj Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 17, 2011
    All,

I have recently converted a batch of RAW files from my new E-PL2 to DNG using the new version 6.4 Adobe RAW converter. However, the files are not recognizable in Aperture 3.

As I thought Aperture 3 supported DNG, I was surprised by this. Is there something I am missing here? Research indicated something about turning off a "linear file option" but I don't see it in the new converter.

I know that I could use the Olympus Viewer 2 software but, seriously, have you tried it? Most unintuitive software I have ever seen. I just don't have the patience to learn it for a temporary fix as I am also learning Aperture 3.

I am no stranger to RAW shooting or photo editing software, having shot with digital cameras since they became popular (Polaroid .3MP through Canon DSLRS). However, I must say that I am loving the size and quality of my new PEN - and may be selling my Canon gear soon!

I am currently shooting RAW + JPEG and am getting by with the JPEG's while I learn the camera, but do want to get back to RAW editing as soon as I can.

Any advice is appreciated - even if it is "wait for Apple to provide the E-PL2 profile"...

Thanks!

EJ

2. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    TIFF for aperture 3, aperture 3 should have epl2 support out soon.

3. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    On phone with Apple yesterday

I was on the phone with Apple tech support yesterday after I upgraded from Aperture 3.0 to 3.12. Mistakenly, I thought I could shoot the E-PL2 with RAW. I was wrong. Good news! The tech guy I spoke with indicated they should have a fix out in the near future (he was vague) but certain they are on it.

I, too, enjoy shooting in RAW. However, JPEG fine is not too shabby. Hope this helps.

4. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England