'E-PL2/Nikon 1 J1 Comparison With Real Kodak Ektar 100 Film'

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by RT_Panther, Nov 21, 2011.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 2
  2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Nikon's lens cap is vastly better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    shoot!-- I thought you were actually going to snap something with the two cams plus a film cam with ektar-- now THAT is one I would like to see... I am still waiting to handle a real Nikon 1 series... the ones I saw on display were hollow plastic mockups (I hope, anyway, since they weighed about 40 grams each)

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm....maybe next roll...:biggrin:

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I was always a nikon guy... But personally when it comes to these types of camera's I prefer the oly's... I can't help it. I played around with a V1 and the j1 and they felt cheap to me as it was reallt light and i cannot adapt to the lack of dials XD... I much prefer the feel of my e-p1 and e-p3... Hope op is enjoying the nikon though :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Really enjoying your film-work RedTail_Panther - you've inspired me to hunt for a 35mm film scanner as the next bit of photography related GAS (shop scans are not as good as yours!)

Missed out on an old Konica-Minolta Dimage Dual Scan 5400 mk II the other day; keeping my eyes peeled for a Nikon Coolscan or Plustek :)

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks! :redface:
    I use an Epson v500 scanner but I'd recommend the v600 since it has Digital ICE capability for slides...:thumbup:

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Actually,
    I like them both :smile: The Leica/Panasonic 45mm ƒ2.8 pretty much stays bolted to my E-PL2 with the 14-150 in the bag as an extension...:smile:

9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Nice :D i was really excited about the 1's when it first came out because i must say i love my d80 and was hoping for a smaller form factor, maybe i'll just wait it out and see what they do later on haha hopefully they'll have the dials and wheels i want. I have a question, the guy in the nikon booth at the show i went to said for stills you can do 60fps, i was a bit unsure if that's true as i only got to play around with it for like 10 minutes.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yes, you can take a still while filming at 60fps....

11. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    The guy said in picture
    Mode and not in video mode though.

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...Not understanding here...unless he's talking about the "Motion Picture" feature....

13. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Heya Panther, what wrist strap do you have on the Oly? Looks nice... is it the OP/Tech? Thanks.

Trying to figure out a modular solution for my setup... connectors to go from wrist strap to neck/shoulder.

14. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Y'alls google-Fu must be weak.

60 fps with AFS, 10 fps with AFC

Back OT, though, the Nikon seems to give up a lot of sensor size for next to no improvement in overall size. For a fair comparison, you should have the massive 10-100 on the J1

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    :biggrin: good stuff

16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Op/Tech on them both! (I love their products!) :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Well the 10-100 is a power-zoom :biggrin: However, I generally agree with you here...:smile:

Thing is, I don't have that lens....:tongue:

18. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yet. Equipment whore :)

19. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hey now!
    I sold my NEX system...does that count for anything? :tongue: :eek: :biggrin:

20. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    LOL I probably should have googled before asking. I humbly accept your teachings master!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.