1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

'E-PL2/Nikon 1 J1 Comparison With Real Kodak Ektar 100 Film'

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by RT_Panther, Nov 21, 2011.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    • Like Like x 2
  2. stratokaster

stratokaster Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 4, 2011
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Nikon's lens cap is vastly better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. avidone

avidone Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 24, 2011
    Rome, Italy
    shoot!-- I thought you were actually going to snap something with the two cams plus a film cam with ektar-- now THAT is one I would like to see... I am still waiting to handle a real Nikon 1 series... the ones I saw on display were hollow plastic mockups (I hope, anyway, since they weighed about 40 grams each)

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm....maybe next roll...:biggrin:

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    I was always a nikon guy... But personally when it comes to these types of camera's I prefer the oly's... I can't help it. I played around with a V1 and the j1 and they felt cheap to me as it was reallt light and i cannot adapt to the lack of dials XD... I much prefer the feel of my e-p1 and e-p3... Hope op is enjoying the nikon though :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Really enjoying your film-work RedTail_Panther - you've inspired me to hunt for a 35mm film scanner as the next bit of photography related GAS (shop scans are not as good as yours!)

Missed out on an old Konica-Minolta Dimage Dual Scan 5400 mk II the other day; keeping my eyes peeled for a Nikon Coolscan or Plustek :)

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Thanks! :redface:
    I use an Epson v500 scanner but I'd recommend the v600 since it has Digital ICE capability for slides...:thumbup:

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Actually,
    I like them both :smile: The Leica/Panasonic 45mm ƒ2.8 pretty much stays bolted to my E-PL2 with the 14-150 in the bag as an extension...:smile:

9. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Nice :D i was really excited about the 1's when it first came out because i must say i love my d80 and was hoping for a smaller form factor, maybe i'll just wait it out and see what they do later on haha hopefully they'll have the dials and wheels i want. I have a question, the guy in the nikon booth at the show i went to said for stills you can do 60fps, i was a bit unsure if that's true as i only got to play around with it for like 10 minutes.

10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Yes, you can take a still while filming at 60fps....

11. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    The guy said in picture
    Mode and not in video mode though.

12. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hmmm...Not understanding here...unless he's talking about the "Motion Picture" feature....

13. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Heya Panther, what wrist strap do you have on the Oly? Looks nice... is it the OP/Tech? Thanks.

Trying to figure out a modular solution for my setup... connectors to go from wrist strap to neck/shoulder.

14. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Y'alls google-Fu must be weak.

60 fps with AFS, 10 fps with AFC

Back OT, though, the Nikon seems to give up a lot of sensor size for next to no improvement in overall size. For a fair comparison, you should have the massive 10-100 on the J1

15. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    :biggrin: good stuff

16. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Op/Tech on them both! (I love their products!) :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  17. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Well the 10-100 is a power-zoom :biggrin: However, I generally agree with you here...:smile:

Thing is, I don't have that lens....:tongue:

18. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Yet. Equipment whore :)

19. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Hey now!
    I sold my NEX system...does that count for anything? :tongue: :eek: :biggrin:

20. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    LOL I probably should have googled before asking. I humbly accept your teachings master!