1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PL2 Battery Status Display

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Ninja, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Ninja

Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    When I turn the E-PL2 on I get an icon showing the battery status, but I have not found how to check the battery status later without turning it off and back on. Can anyone assist me with this?

TIA

2. Ninja

Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    I spoke with Olympus Tech Support and this is pretty much just the way it is.

There is a battery warning which is user configureable, however. It is enabled by Menu > Tools (wrench icon) > Menu Display > a gear or sprocket icon Menu Display > change to on. There will then be a gear or sprocket icon on the main menu. Select Menu > Gear J (Utility) > Warning Level. The choices range from HI +2 to LO -2 and appear to correspond to the number of bars displayed in the battery display.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    Thanks, that's quite handy to know, as I often wondered about this myself....

4. Ninja

Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Jan 30, 2010
    You are most welcome.

On mine , the default is zero which, in practice, has meant that the camera simply has shut down when the battery gives out.

Cheers

5. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    That's not very useful when you're about to capture the shot of a lifetime, is it? :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.