E PL2/ Aperture/RAW conversion?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by fastcar888, Apr 28, 2011.

1. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    Hi,

I cannot convert RAW files from my E PL2 using Aperture (3.12 the latest version). Right now, I am waiting for the patch from Apple so I am using JPEG fine. It is very good, but I know RAW is superior.

What are you doing to create RAW files on Aperture? I have to be missing something.:confused:

:clapping:Thank you.

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    My copy of Lightroom (version 2) does not import my GH2 RAW files either. I convert them to DNG using Adobe's free DNG Converter.

Download Mac version
    Download Windows version

Both support the E-PL2 in the latest version.

Once in DNG format, you should be able to import into Aperture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    there is a way to open e-pl2 files in Aperture - but it is a hack... copy one of your .ORF files and open in textedit.

search for E-PL2 and replace with E-PL1 and save

Now OSX and Aperture will read it.

This is an old trick I used when the E-P1 came out.... You are basically fooling Apples RAW convertor to thinking the file is from a previous model of the camera. It will work, though there is no guarantee that you are getting all of the benefits - in the case of the E-P1 and Aperture 2.0 I didn't get lens distortion correction.

I even wrote a drag and drop applescript that would albeit slowly batch convert a bunch of files this way

If I have time I might update the app for the E-PL2... but you are probably better waiting for the Apple update... they have got faster at doing this

K

• Like Like x 1