1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E PL2/ Aperture/RAW conversion?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by fastcar888, Apr 28, 2011.

1. fastcar888

fastcar888 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Florida
    Hi,

I cannot convert RAW files from my E PL2 using Aperture (3.12 the latest version). Right now, I am waiting for the patch from Apple so I am using JPEG fine. It is very good, but I know RAW is superior.

What are you doing to create RAW files on Aperture? I have to be missing something.:confused: 

:clapping:Thank you.

2. sprinke

sprinke Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 5, 2011
    Pasadena, CA
    Debi
    My copy of Lightroom (version 2) does not import my GH2 RAW files either. I convert them to DNG using Adobe's free DNG Converter.

Download Mac version
    Download Windows version

Both support the E-PL2 in the latest version.

Once in DNG format, you should be able to import into Aperture.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman Subscribing Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    there is a way to open e-pl2 files in Aperture - but it is a hack... copy one of your .ORF files and open in textedit.

search for E-PL2 and replace with E-PL1 and save

Now OSX and Aperture will read it.

This is an old trick I used when the E-P1 came out.... You are basically fooling Apples RAW convertor to thinking the file is from a previous model of the camera. It will work, though there is no guarantee that you are getting all of the benefits - in the case of the E-P1 and Aperture 2.0 I didn't get lens distortion correction.

I even wrote a drag and drop applescript that would albeit slowly batch convert a bunch of files this way

If I have time I might update the app for the E-PL2... but you are probably better waiting for the Apple update... they have got faster at doing this

K

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.