E-PL2 Adjustable Flash Position

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by studio2403, Jun 5, 2011.

1. studio2403

studio2403 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 5, 2011
    I am sure most of you already know this, or if this has already been shown and discussed in these forums. But for those who haven't yet realized, here is a neat little trick...

• Like Like x 1
  2. ssgreenley

ssgreenley Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 12, 2011
    I didn't know that! Thanks!
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    That is cool! The built-in flash is a bounce flash... I don't think I've seen that in another digital camera.

*EDIT: I just tried this on my E-PL2... I thought it was designed to stick in the upright position, but apparently you have to keep your finger on the flash. However, I can easily see how Olympus could easily add one little clip to make their flash hold in this position. They should roll with this idea... ;)
  4. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin .

Oct 9, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    I think it was the Panasonic L1 4/3 DSLR that had the same type of flash articulation but actually had two defined stops for direct and bounce.
  5. shoturtle

Oct 15, 2010
    it is the same design as the epl-1, the flash is good for bouncing off a 10 ft ceiling.
  6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Cool. I wish they had carried that concept through to the GF-series, and I'm sure Olympus would have picked up on it in their E-PL series as well. ;)

E-PL1, E-PL2, GF-1, and GF-2 should all work the same I'll wager. When I first read this thread though, I thought it was actually designed to hold in place like that! That would be awesome.
  7. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Agreed. I use it all the time. If it would stay in place like that it would even be greater.