1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL2 & 14-42 for $399 (free shipping) at UniquePhoto

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by ABCDave, Aug 27, 2011.

1. ABCDave

ABCDave Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2011
    Bartlesville, OK
    It looks like UniquePhoto is making room in the warehouse for all of this exciting new mu43 gear coming out.

I just ordered a silver E-PL2. Here is how it works:

Go to UniquePhoto.com and search for E-PL2 or just use this direct link:
    Unique Photo - Search Results for e-pl2

The camera will list at $599. Don't worry, put it in the cart anyhow. When you check out, enter the following promo code: PENCLEARANCE

Now the price will drop to $469 with a -$70 discount plus free shipping making the total $399! If you live in New Jersey, then you may pay state sales tax.

• Like Like x 2
  2. yottavirus

yottavirus Mu-43 Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Now the hardest decision is the colour to pick...
    ah what the heck. I have a black gf2 and the price of the white one makes it inaccessible.

Got a silver one.

3. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    I think I would pick silver :biggrin:

A great camera at that price!

4. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Just ordered a black one!

5. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I'm really tempted. The can I really want is the pen 3 though. Can't even buy a decent compact for that price.

6. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Well, pulled the trigger on a red one. The better half thought it was a good deal too. It might even be her camera once the Panny pancake zoom comes out.

One thought though, this place is in NJ, close to NY. It might be a while before they ship due to the storm. We'lll see I guess.

7. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Scotland
    If I lived over the pond I'd have the silver one, as it appears Olympus only makes lenses and accessories in silver these days.....

8. ABCDave

ABCDave Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2011
    Bartlesville, OK
    Similar Situation

My sights are set on the E-P3 as well. I reeeeaally want that second control dial and the zippy touch screen shutter release feature. I just can't justify the nearly $1000 price tag that the E-P3 commands. I'd rather wait until the price drops to (what is to me) a more reasonable level. Maybe next year at this time?

Also, for less than the current price of the E-P3, one can buy both the Panasonic X 14-42 & Olympus 45mm f1.8. Both are items will most likely outlive several bodies.

9. goshxii

goshxii Mu-43 Regular

May 9, 2011
    Bronx, NY
    Bump for the good price - red is still available!

10. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Well, I'm real concerned about delivery of these, mainly because after looking at where their store is located, that area got lots of flooding from the Hurricane. I hope the deal is still on, but we never know, the shop could have gotten flooded. I'm sure lots of businesses were affected in NJ from the storm.

11. aznick

aznick Mu-43 Regular

Mar 4, 2010
    Arizona USA
    Message on their web site says they are closed today due to flooding.
    They are not taking phone orders but they are taking online orders.

12. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Thanks for the update. I didn't even think about checking their site. Wonder about some of the other NE big boys like BH or JR.

13. ABCDave

ABCDave Mu-43 Rookie

May 17, 2011
    Bartlesville, OK
    Bummer

Well that's a bummer - for everyone. The retail photo industry operates on some pretty thin margins. I hope they aren't too badly damaged.

I image this will create some delays. Worst case: a soggy camera! :smile:

14. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    Just an update. I ordered my Camera on Saturday of last week. I emailed to just get an ETA on shipping:

I'm in no rush for mine, so its good to hear they will be back at it in a day or two.

JFYI, my first name is Daniel, but I go by "Jason".