1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PL1

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by PENJR, Dec 21, 2010.

1. PENJR

PENJR New to Mu-43

Dec 21, 2010
    New York
    Hello all,

I just purchased the E-PL1 Kit for around $350. I also have a coupon for the M. zuiko 40-150 for $149.99 plus 10% off at Staples. But I'm not sure which to get

1. Oly 14-150mm or Pan 45-200, but both are very expensive
    2. Pan 20mm or Oly 14mm.

I'm planning to take another trip to HKG and love to take outdoor shoot, not so much people.

I have attach three picture I took last time in HKG. These were taken from my Olympus Stylus tough 850

P2040588.JPG
    DSC00727.JPG
    P2080795.JPG

Please assist

THANKS

2. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    We have a rather large series of image threads dedicated to each lens on this forum, have you tried looking at them for comparison yet?

First, a couple points:
    1) There is no Oly 14mm, it's a 17mm.
    2) Oly makes a 14-150 and a 40-150, you mention the coupon for the 40-150 but then you switch to talking about the other.

Now my opinion:

-If you're just starting to learn the m4/3 system and don't have much SLR experience, try playing around with the kit lens while you get a feel for what you want in a more expensive lens.
    -If you want a great all around lens sell your kit lens and get the 14-150
    -If you want a great street lens get the pany 20mm. The Oly 17mm is also perfectly fine if you're on a tighter budget or simply prefer the FOV it provides, and it's only 1 stop slower.
    -If you love wide angle Landscape shots get the Oly 9-18mm.

And again, go take a look at the image threads for these lenses so you can see what they are capable of.

-Nate

• Like Like x 3
  3. PENJR

PENJR New to Mu-43

Dec 21, 2010
    New York
    Thanks, I did shot a few pictures, but it seems something is still missing. The zoom is one of them and the sharpness is another.

4. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    Nate
    If your priority is more zoom and sharpness it sounds like the 14-150 is what you need, it's a sharp single lens solution with a fast and silent autofocus that's also optimized for shooting video.

-Nate

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.