E-PL1 Video from weekend - Sema Stereo Mic

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by Robert Watcher, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Robert Watcher

Robert Watcher Mu-43 Top Veteran

Anne and I and a few of our close friends, spent the weekend together to enjoy some fun times and reminisce old memories - - - as well as brush up on some music that we have performed in the past (the 3 of us with guitars, were in a band in our teen years and played weddings and parties quite regularly when that was the entertainment of choice at those type of events in the early and mid 1970's).

I decided to set up my Olympus E-PL1 positioned about 10 feet away to include everyone. I used the Sema Stereo Mic Adapter on camera and was really quite surprised how well it picked up some of the voices and guitar lead. Quite low light conditions where still images taken at the same time with the camera, required wide open apertures and slower shutter speeds when shooting at 2500 ISO. I have been led to believe that the E-PL1 will only go to a maximum of 1600ISO - so have to presume that is what this video was taken at. Shot in Monochrome Mode.

I set up the camera on tripod to shoot a video of one song, late last night just before we all headed to bed.

YouTube - Amie
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    There was someone in another thread who said the video on the EPL1 'sucks'.
    Well, if everything in life that sucked was as good as that than life would be very sweet indeed.

Olympus claimed that the quality of the audio with the Sema would rival their hand held recorders. The hand held recorders can proudce very fine results indeed, so I would hope that you would get at least the audio quality you have there.
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Sound quality and balance is fine - I get a slight audio lag which may be due to Youtube. (Only picked up from the lead guitarist's strumming accents).