E-PL1 + Tamron 90mm/f2.8 = Happy Camper

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
Ok, my first adapted lens to be taken outdoors is the Tamron 90mm/f2.8 AF Macro.

For the last 12 years it has served me very well on slide film and on DSLRs. Now gracing my E-PL1, and still doing a good job!

Both are uncropped, "full-frame"

Hoverfly at rest

4786371199_e353662e77_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jewel Shield Bug

4786370913_7f67c13f29_b.jpg

And 100% crops attached, have fun locating the body parts in full-frame shots :)

Attachments

• Hoverfly_at_rest_Crop.jpg
    Hoverfly_at_rest_Crop.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,318
  • Crop_Jewel_Shield_Bug.jpg
    Crop_Jewel_Shield_Bug.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 559

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
Fabulous - I used to have one with my Sony DSLR kit, it got damaged when I got knocked of my motorbike and I sold it on eBay - but I was always delighted with the quality it delivered - looks like you are too - excellent pictures :)

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
great captures, are they taken at 1:1 magnification?

et100, thanks. Both are slightly less than 1:1. I would guess perhaps about .8x. Since I was not carrying a focusing rail, staying at 1:1 was bit of a challenge since a tripod alone does not allow for fine-tuning subject distance as well as a rail does.

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
Couple more using the Tamron 90 macro

4825426687_7595e1eb7f_b.jpg

Yet to id, but looks like a species of Lanternfly

4825427133_9882e950b2_b.jpg

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
They're great - the closeup detail in the eye, you can see the individual cells !

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
These days I use the Voigtlander N/F->m4/3 adapter. A friend is bringing the Novoflex FD->m4/3 adapter from the US.

On a related note, both my Nikon and Canon FD adapters from Rainbow Imaging (aka jinfinance?) turned out to be misadventures. The Nikon one was plagued by a light leak and the FD one has a slight play at the m4/3 mount end when mounted that causes the E-PL1 live view to black out when rotated (using the "play") to the right. Rather unfortunate, since I paid about $100 for them combined -- which included customs duty and international shipping.

However -- I am very pleased with my Voigtlander adapter. Solidly made yet nicely tactile -- feels and works like a quality product.

So what adapter did you use for this lens?

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Really nice, close, plenty of detail.

I was thinking of getting an adapter for my PK/AF mount Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 Macro. This may have convinced me to get it... I do have a 3 tube extension set in native m/43. And I used it today with my Zeiss ZM 50mm, It was fun and I found out, it was easier to use the LCD for focusing by moving the camera back and forth. It works OK, just really close to the subject.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Really nice, close, plenty of detail.

I was thinking of getting an adapter for my PK/AF mount Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 Macro. This may have convinced me to get it... I do have a 3 tube extension set in native m/43. And I used it today with my Zeiss ZM 50mm, It was fun and I found out, it was easier to use the LCD for focusing by moving the camera back and forth. It works OK, just really close to the subject.
I know about really close too, my LX3 lens got wet because the insects were playing with their legs/wings...

I am curious what the IQ difference is between (e.g.):
- Crop of 50 mm F1.8
- 100 mm F2.8
- 2x extension tube on 50 mm F1.8

These picture above look great!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom