E-PL1 + Tamron 90mm/f2.8 = Happy Camper

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
Ok, my first adapted lens to be taken outdoors is the Tamron 90mm/f2.8 AF Macro.

For the last 12 years it has served me very well on slide film and on DSLRs. Now gracing my E-PL1, and still doing a good job!

Both are uncropped, "full-frame"

Hoverfly at rest

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jewel Shield Bug

And 100% crops attached, have fun locating the body parts in full-frame shots :)

Attachments

BartonFlyer

Mu-43 Regular
Fabulous - I used to have one with my Sony DSLR kit, it got damaged when I got knocked of my motorbike and I sold it on eBay - but I was always delighted with the quality it delivered - looks like you are too - excellent pictures :)

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
great captures, are they taken at 1:1 magnification?
et100, thanks. Both are slightly less than 1:1. I would guess perhaps about .8x. Since I was not carrying a focusing rail, staying at 1:1 was bit of a challenge since a tripod alone does not allow for fine-tuning subject distance as well as a rail does.

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
Couple more using the Tamron 90 macro

Yet to id, but looks like a species of Lanternfly

blue

Mu-43 Veteran
They're great - the closeup detail in the eye, you can see the individual cells !

naturecloseups

Mu-43 Regular
These days I use the Voigtlander N/F->m4/3 adapter. A friend is bringing the Novoflex FD->m4/3 adapter from the US.

On a related note, both my Nikon and Canon FD adapters from Rainbow Imaging (aka jinfinance?) turned out to be misadventures. The Nikon one was plagued by a light leak and the FD one has a slight play at the m4/3 mount end when mounted that causes the E-PL1 live view to black out when rotated (using the "play") to the right. Rather unfortunate, since I paid about $100 for them combined -- which included customs duty and international shipping.

However -- I am very pleased with my Voigtlander adapter. Solidly made yet nicely tactile -- feels and works like a quality product.

So what adapter did you use for this lens?

G1 User

Mu-43 Veteran
Really nice, close, plenty of detail.

I was thinking of getting an adapter for my PK/AF mount Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 Macro. This may have convinced me to get it... I do have a 3 tube extension set in native m/43. And I used it today with my Zeiss ZM 50mm, It was fun and I found out, it was easier to use the LCD for focusing by moving the camera back and forth. It works OK, just really close to the subject.

JoepLX3

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Really nice, close, plenty of detail.

I was thinking of getting an adapter for my PK/AF mount Sigma EX 105mm f/2.8 Macro. This may have convinced me to get it... I do have a 3 tube extension set in native m/43. And I used it today with my Zeiss ZM 50mm, It was fun and I found out, it was easier to use the LCD for focusing by moving the camera back and forth. It works OK, just really close to the subject.
I know about really close too, my LX3 lens got wet because the insects were playing with their legs/wings...

I am curious what the IQ difference is between (e.g.):
- Crop of 50 mm F1.8
- 100 mm F2.8
- 2x extension tube on 50 mm F1.8

These picture above look great!!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom