1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-PL1-Suggestions for Greek Landscapes

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by DonTom, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Hi Folks,

I'm off to Greece in the morning for about a week. I use an E-PL1, and am taking the kit lens, Panny 20/1.7, Olly45/1.8 and 2 legacy lenses: 50/1.4, 135/2.8.

Any hints on settings to deal with the DR, brilliant whites and blues of the landscapes there? Most of the time will be on one island, Sifnos. It has 365 churches! Many are overlooking the sea. I have a circular polariser for the 20/1.7 and (legacy)50/1.4, not for the others. Only taking the 50 because I have a polariser for it, the lens is pretty beat up!

I usually don't shoot raw, but am considering it for this trip. Am thinking about the need to start doing some PP (probably will buy Aperture): I'm really not satisfied with the lack of sharpness and noise present in my portraits with the 45/1.8. Too many good images on the net to compare mine with!
    Would welcome any suggestions on in camera settings etc. My main focus I guess will be landscapes featuring the sea and white churches, and portraits of my family, particularly in the evenings. Don't think I have ever done a seascape before!

Here's an example of what I've been able to achieve in New Zealand:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/57916968@N08/6310401084/" title="Second day of spring in Wanaka by tomnewstead, on Flickr"> 6310401084_0f03042c98_b. "1024" height="576" alt="Second day of spring in Wanaka"></a>

Cheers, Tom

• Like Like x 1
  2. If you ever choose to read Luminous Landscapes and follow the " Expose to the right" theory...now is not the time.