1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-pl1 settings for best JPEG output

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by gobears, May 11, 2010.

1. gobears

gobears New to Mu-43

May 10, 2010
    Just bought an E-pl1, and I am enjoying the feeling of falling in love again! Now, I have to figure out how best to use it (besides the fact that I will use it alot:smile:) .

I looked around quite alot, but could not find any recommendations for the best settings on the E-pl1 for JPEG. Elsewhere, I have seen recommendations for shooting E-p2 with sharpen=-1 contrast=-1. However, E-pl1 seems to be a different animal from E-p2 when it comes to JPEGs.

I remember Brian posted somewhere that natural with +1 sharpen and +1 contrast worked well OOC.

I am currently thinking:
    (1) Natural with contrast +1 and sharpen +1
    (2) Mostly Auto-WB (custom WB indoors)
    (3) Auto-ISO for most conditions.
    (4) How about AF-s mode? I heard center is most reliable.
    (5) How about metering, should it be matrix or center?
    (6) P,A, or S modes, but never the auto mode that uses I-enhance
    (7) NR off or set to low for special situations

BTW, I know the final selection is a personal choice, but I can say my tastes align quite well with Brian's, if that helps at all.

2. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    The PL1 is new to me so atm I use mostly defaults and jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.