E-PL1, my Camaro named Chantilly Lace, Abo NM..

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by littleMT, May 11, 2012.

1. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    What a treasure in Abo, New Mexico..... one couldn't help but wonder what life was like here.... the Mysterious Indian ruins of Abo...

A storm was threatening all afternoon, yet it never did rain......

The 14mm really strutted it's stuff, this is a must have lens...

mz-9.

mz-10.

mz-11.

mz-12.

mz-13.

mz-14.

mz-15.

mz-16.

mz-17.

• Like Like x 7
  2. DizzyV6P

DizzyV6P Mu-43 Regular

Apr 13, 2012
    Maryland
    Once again, AMAZING PICTURES!!! I need to take more pics w/ my Panny 14 and my new GF3.

What settings did you use?

3. kanasgowatom

kanasgowatom Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Great images ! I am glad to see Chevrolet making cars, that goes back to it's roots of the mid sixties, like a 64 Impala witness a 300hp 327 under the hood,

Kanasgowatom

4. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    Camera set to vivid, the 14mm was f/2.5, a linear polarizer was also used, and adjusted as the shots took place. Shutter speed varied from as fast as the E-PL1 could go, 1/2000, to anything lower as I was battling the brightness, though the cloud cover helped. I typically like to have my aperature either wide open or close to it, then I just adjust shutter speed to compensate, all in manual mode, auto focus was used. I am a newbie with this camera, it's controls are kinda clunky, and the LCD screen is hard to see, this camera kinda gives me reason to shoot bad images, but I am able to get the lighting right, almost always staying at ISO200, except for my pitch darkness shot, then I useally bump ISO to 400.

5. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    As much as I like your shots of Abo, I think that the lizard shot is my favorite! :biggrin:

7. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    It is a horny toad....they are chubby and slow......

I was shocked to see one, as I haven't seen one in decades...lizards are abundant, but these guys are extremely scarce...

8. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William B. Lewis
    Interesting. I almost always stay on Natural or Monochrome. I should experiment but I've never much cared for making over-saturated images - I shot only enough Velvia to respect it and know it wasn't for me :wink: . I like your images but I could just never visualize them like that. The Lizard is a great image.

My VF3 & super control panel makes both the taking of pictures and control of the camera much easier.

9. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    the Lizard was shot with the 45mm f/1.8, as I needed more reach...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.