E-PL1 image thread

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
All of you growing E-PL1 owners, please post a few photographs here. You can upload to your personal gallery, or if you've posted them in one of the genre galleries... Choose "Insert" just below the Smilies and here it will appear! Or embed one from your Flickr or other off site gallery.

Inquiring minds want to see some photos.:thumbup:

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
Well after sitting on the fence a bit, I decided to take the plunge and am picking up a E-PL1 today. Still wish it had scroll wheel, but I can learn to live without it. Anyway, here are a couple shots I took last week with a friend's E-PL1 with the kit lens.

Attachments

• P3180004.jpeg
    P3180004.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,337
  • P3180010.jpeg
    P3180010.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 2,299
  • P3190199.jpeg
    P3190199.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,437

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
a first shot

john1027, thanks so much for these three - the color and detail are really nice. Crocuses and dogs - two of my favorite things.:biggrin:

I've just switched (yesterday) from the E-P2 to the E-PL1 and my first impressions are that it has taken me no time at all to get used to the lack of wheels. As a matter of fact, I think I may find this method faster, easier and most importantly to me - more accurate.

Here's one of my first as I was trying it out to decide whether or not to keep it. I converted it to B & W from jpeg in Aperture 3...and did it late last night, the conversion that is.:wink:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4460800427/" title="Day 29 by Otra2004, on Flickr">
4460800427_e33c860972_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
"1024" height="768" alt="Day 29" /></a>

kstevieh

Mu-43 Regular
A few images...All taken with 17mm lens

817252159_ky4Ae-M.jpg

818106694_8qbby-M.jpg

818157192_Co4Ad-M.jpg

818256805_gA9hD-M.jpg

Lots more on my smugmug....link on signature.

kstevieh

Mu-43 Regular
BTW everyone I am now addicted to posting pictures to the forum.....you are all lucky I dont just link every picture I take to the forum LOL. Come on all you other E-PL1 owners out there.....show us your pics please!

ALSO....Welcome to the E-PL1 owners BBW. I think you are going to like it better than the E-P2.....but I am biased lol. PLease let us know how you like using the VF-2 on it. I am considering purchasing the EVF.

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Steve, the EVF is an absolute godsend for the E-P2/PL1... I can get along quite happily with the E-P1 and in some cases prefer not to use an eye level viewfinder (street photography / social shooting for instance) - but when you have very bright conditions or want to shoot from above, the articulating EVF works incredibly well.

Cheers

Brian

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Near &quot;Playland&quot; outside of NYC, NY, USA
Ditto to what Brian's posted. Steve, you and I discussed this a bit a while ago...via email, I think. Personally, I need the EVF. I need it physically because I wear "progressive lenses" and to me it really is a huge help to get as best a view of what I'm photographing as possible. If I couldn't have that, then I'd need a screen that was 4 inches wide!:wink:

It's a great item.:2thumbs:

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
john1027, thanks so much for these three - the color and detail are really nice. Crocuses and dogs - two of my favorite things.:biggrin:

I use the dog for a test model as he doesn't complain as much as my wife and son when I ask them. The flowers are just to remind me that winter is finally over here as it has been a long one as you are very much aware.

I also just picked up a copy of Aperture 3 after my trial period. I like it very much for my needs.

...and thanks for the advice on the EVF. I would have already bought one but they didn't have any locally here where I live.

Streetshooter

Administrator Emeritus
Youse are doing well with the new kid in town.
BB, you are coming to life.
It shall be interesting to see what ya come up with.
You'ins didn't know BB was my sister but she is.

Maybe youse should make a dedicated gallery for the camera.
I would imagine it will attract members.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Near &quot;Playland&quot; outside of NYC, NY, USA
14-42mm @ ISO 800 f/5.6 1/60 flash fired

Not my cat, but she's photogenic...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4462633963/" title="Kiki by Otra2004, on Flickr">
4462633963_d2fa5dc4c8_b.jpg
"1024" height="730" alt="Kiki" /></a>

klythawk

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
John
Nice set BB,like the colours in the water with the Pop Art Filter, Pin Hole is very nice aswell, :2thumbs: just need to change your siggy now. :biggrin:

John.

Latest threads

Top Bottom