E-PL1 image thread

E-PL1Shooter

Mu-43 Regular
Hey E-Pl1Shooter, you're getting the same results from that 45-200OIS I was. That sucker resolves like NO tele I've ever seen. It acts like a $5000 DSLR prime at the long end. Resolves like CRAZY. The micro contrast and detail is admirable for sure. I'm getting another today and hope to have some time to play with it Tuesday to confirm I want to keep the PL1 and lenses. I also have a 20mm f1.7 coming with it to try. From what I've heard that should also impress. Heck even the stock lens ain't half bad from my previous tests, but this time I have to really wring it out to decide if I want to keep this combo. I sided with a D5000 a week ago, and not sorry I did, but the PL1 was a compelling product with those lenses, so I wanted to give it one more try just for those times I"m out and about and want a super light kit. We'll see. But based on your shots its got my juices flowing again.
Hi dcisive, yesterday was my first day out with the E-PL1 when I was waiting for my family to get the hair cut, just walk around the area, and I feel very light after few years lug around the Nikon DSLR with heavy lenses, maybe this camera make me shoot more photos than before, I have never get the 400mm with my FF DLSR, now I have this capability :2thumbs:

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
Christ Church, Alexandria, VA

Christ Church, Alexandria, VA, was completed in 1773 and attended over the years by such notables as U.S. Pres. George Washington and Confederate General Robert E. Lee. Every incumbent U.S. President has visited the church at least once during their administrations. Among others, the small graveyard outside the church contain the remains of 34 Confederate soldiers that died in nearby prison camps during the U.S. Civil War.

Pictures with the E-PL1 and Panasonic 20mm lens. The inside picture was iso 200, f1.7, 1/160. The outside shots were all with the onboard art filters.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

john1027

Mu-43 Veteran
US Coast Guard HH-65 Dolphin Helicopter

E-PL1 with Panasonic 45-200mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/1000, @124mm

E-PL1 with Panasonic 45-200mm, ISO 200, f/6.3, 1/1250, @115mm

sfu_engineer

New to Mu-43
B&W Subway Photos!

Loving my new E-PL1. The Panasonic 20mm F2 lens is a must indoors though. It also makes the camera look more like a P&S and less threatening.

Passenger on incoming subway car.

Couple anxiously waiting to get on the next train.

People rushing off a train during rush hour.

Passengers lost in their own world on the way home from work.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Hey, there sfu_engineer - very nice shots and welcome to mu43.com, too!:biggrin: What software do you use to convert to B&W, if I might ask? These are very nicely done. I'm a novice at things digital and use Aperture 3....and am always interested in how people achieve their black and white photographs.

Just switched from the E-P2 to the E-PL1, but I kept the EVF AKA VF-2...I need the electronic view finder most of the time due to wearing glasses... Anyhow, I'm quite smitten with the E-PL1 and find it to be a great camera. I was just about to post a photo myself when I saw your post.

If you have the time, please stop by the Welcomes and Introductions forum and "formally" introduce yourself. Really glad to have you aboard!:thumbup:

Here is a photo I took with my E-PL1 with the Panasonic 20mm which is my second lens, so far, to the 14-42mm.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4484857281/" title="P3300377 copy by Otra2004, on Flickr">
"1024" height="954" alt="P3300377 copy" /></a>

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
After a months wait I finally got a black E-PL1 yesterday:happy-084:
I'd been watching the prices going down over the past few weeks and yesterday they dropped even more so I decided the time was right.

I picked up a screen protector which also has an anti glare coating so hopefully it will help out in the sun. After seeing a black EP2 with an Aki-Asahi
skin/cover on it I thought I'd try it on this. I'm pleased I did. It looks really nice!!!

I've not had a lot of time to use it yet but I did manage to get a few shots of a very beautiful sakura tonight.

They're not perfect, I know. I used the standard 14-42mm kit lens selected night in the scene mode, and let the camera do the rest. All were hand held as I don't have a tripod.......
You can see the rest in my gallery.

Alf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
With the kit lens..

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
First time with it in the daylight and really enjoying it:smile: The first three are in scene mode and the final one is in pop art.

dcisive

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Great job on the flowers. You might want to try a different metering next time however on that first one. The standard metering tends to shot down and lose the shadow information pretty quick to preserve highlight, or you could employ a circular polarizer or even a GND filter to tame the sky allowing the darker areas exposure.

Alf

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Playing with the e-portrait

One,

Two.

paulkbiba

Mu-43 Rookie
[/url][/IMG]

E-PL1Shooter

Mu-43 Regular
Niece & Nephew & Panny 20mm 1.7:
ISO 2000

ISO 3200

ISO 2000

ISO 2000

ISO 3200

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
Great job on the flowers. You might want to try a different metering next time however on that first one. The standard metering tends to shot down and lose the shadow information pretty quick to preserve highlight, or you could employ a circular polarizer or even a GND filter to tame the sky allowing the darker areas exposure.
Thanks for the advice. I went out the next day and played about with the metering a little. I managed to get the shadow areas looking better but lost the sky.... I'll have to try again:thumbup:

Here is my attempt at bokeh. Its the height of the cherry blossom season at the moment so everywhere you look you can see it. It'll be gone soon so I'm getting lots of shots whilst I can.

I've posted a few others but at a lower resolution in my gallery. Bokeh and the sun was my main aim today.

steveb

Mu-43 Regular
Came across a couple of old bikes dumped in the undergrowth today. Tried a few art settings and this is how they came out.

Pin hole

Bokeh

Sepia

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom