E-PL1 image thread

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by BBW, Mar 16, 2010.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

All of you growing E-PL1 owners, please post a few photographs here. You can upload to your personal gallery, or if you've posted them in one of the genre galleries... Choose "Insert" just below the Smilies and here it will appear! Or embed one from your Flickr or other off site gallery.

Inquiring minds want to see some photos.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 2
  2. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    Well after sitting on the fence a bit, I decided to take the plunge and am picking up a E-PL1 today. Still wish it had scroll wheel, but I can learn to live without it. Anyway, here are a couple shots I took last week with a friend's E-PL1 with the kit lens.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 14
  3. BBW

a first shot

john1027, thanks so much for these three - the color and detail are really nice. Crocuses and dogs - two of my favorite things.:biggrin:

I've just switched (yesterday) from the E-P2 to the E-PL1 and my first impressions are that it has taken me no time at all to get used to the lack of wheels. As a matter of fact, I think I may find this method faster, easier and most importantly to me - more accurate.

Here's one of my first as I was trying it out to decide whether or not to keep it. I converted it to B & W from jpeg in Aperture 3...and did it late last night, the conversion that is.:wink:

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4460800427/" title="Day 29 by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="Day 29" /></a>

• Like Like x 10
  4. kstevieh

kstevieh Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    USA, West Virginia
    A few images...All taken with 17mm lens

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lots more on my smugmug....link on signature.

• Like Like x 4
  5. kstevieh

kstevieh Mu-43 Regular Charter Member

Jan 21, 2010
    USA, West Virginia
    BTW everyone I am now addicted to posting pictures to the forum.....you are all lucky I dont just link every picture I take to the forum LOL. Come on all you other E-PL1 owners out there.....show us your pics please!

ALSO....Welcome to the E-PL1 owners BBW. I think you are going to like it better than the E-P2.....but I am biased lol. PLease let us know how you like using the VF-2 on it. I am considering purchasing the EVF.

6. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Steve, the EVF is an absolute godsend for the E-P2/PL1... I can get along quite happily with the E-P1 and in some cases prefer not to use an eye level viewfinder (street photography / social shooting for instance) - but when you have very bright conditions or want to shoot from above, the articulating EVF works incredibly well.

Cheers

Brian

7. BBW

Ditto to what Brian's posted. Steve, you and I discussed this a bit a while ago...via email, I think. Personally, I need the EVF. I need it physically because I wear "progressive lenses" and to me it really is a huge help to get as best a view of what I'm photographing as possible. If I couldn't have that, then I'd need a screen that was 4 inches wide!:wink:

It's a great item.:2thumbs:

8. john1027

john1027 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 5, 2010
    Alexandria, VA USA
    I use the dog for a test model as he doesn't complain as much as my wife and son when I ask them. The flowers are just to remind me that winter is finally over here as it has been a long one as you are very much aware.

I also just picked up a copy of Aperture 3 after my trial period. I like it very much for my needs.

...and thanks for the advice on the EVF. I would have already bought one but they didn't have any locally here where I live.

9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Youse are doing well with the new kid in town.
    BB, you are coming to life.
    It shall be interesting to see what ya come up with.
    You'ins didn't know BB was my sister but she is.

Maybe youse should make a dedicated gallery for the camera.
    I would imagine it will attract members.

10. BBW

E-PL1 w/14-42mm, ISO 200 @ F/9 1/320 O.3 ev

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4463411244/" title="Day 30. by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="Day 30." /></a>

• Like Like x 10
  11. BBW

14-42mm @ ISO 800 f/5.6 1/60 flash fired

Not my cat, but she's photogenic...

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4462633963/" title="Kiki by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="730" alt="Kiki" /></a>

• Like Like x 7
  12. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    BB,
    It's starting to happen.....

13. BBW

Grainy B&W art filter

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4463475972/" title="P3250062 by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="P3250062" /></a>

• Like Like x 4
  14. BBW

Pop Art Filter

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4462699183/" title="P3250065 by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="P3250065" /></a>

15. BBW

Pin Hole Art Filter

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4463476036/" title="P3250064 by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="P3250064" /></a>

• Like Like x 4
  16. BBW

The Duck Pond at the town's park.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4462699099/" title="The Duck Pond by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="768" alt="The Duck Pond" /></a>
    This should be enough for now.:wink: All jpeg.

• Like Like x 2
  17. klythawk

klythawk Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Nottingham U.K.
    John
    Nice set BB,like the colours in the water with the Pop Art Filter, Pin Hole is very nice aswell, :2thumbs: just need to change your siggy now. :biggrin:

John.

18. BBW

I know! Thanks John. I really posted so many just to give a flavor. Better fix that siggy now!

19. Streetshooter

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    BB,
    I'm glad ya got rid of that crappy camera ya were using.

20. BBW