E-PL1 higher IQ than E-P2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by traveler_101, Mar 17, 2010.

1. traveler_101

traveler_101 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    Dpreview boards are buzzing with news of a Japanese blog showing better performance at higher ISO by the E-PL1 in comparison with the E-P2.

http://blog.pchome.net/article/265243.html

And a recently posted Russian review of the E-PL1
    http://olympus.ourlife.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=13573
    comes to a similar conclusion:

" In addition to excellent functional, E-PL1 raised the bar for quality shots to a whole new level for Olympus cameras. Today, a new Pen is the leader in the combination of low noise and high image detail. The previous record holders E-P1 and E-P2 on the criterion of the quality of the picture to move to the side. The main and major shortcomings of the new camera I just seen the loss of control rings and an increase in the minimum shutter speed to 1 / 2000 sec. All other cut-off compared with the older foams, I think we can survive. Given the low price of E-PL1, this camera, in my opinion, waiting for a big and deserved success."

• Like Like x 1
  2. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    This was my conclusion as well in my testing having had a P1 for a few days then trying the PL1. I gave up on them to move to a D5000 Nikon with 2 lenses. But I am thinking if I run into some $$$ in the immediate future I just might get one again just to have one on board. I was THAT impressed. I'll be posting some large pics taken the other day while I was testing. It didn't match up to the low noise high ISO performance of the D5000 (which is why I ended up going that route) BUT it was remarkable nevertheless. In the end I preferred the new button arrangement as it is so intuitive I never read the manual and was whipping through all the feature set within a half hour. Now THAT says something.:tongue:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.