E-PL1 higher IQ than E-P2?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by traveler_101, Mar 17, 2010.

1. traveler_101

traveler_101 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 25, 2010
    Oslo, Norway
    Dpreview boards are buzzing with news of a Japanese blog showing better performance at higher ISO by the E-PL1 in comparison with the E-P2.

And a recently posted Russian review of the E-PL1
    comes to a similar conclusion:

" In addition to excellent functional, E-PL1 raised the bar for quality shots to a whole new level for Olympus cameras. Today, a new Pen is the leader in the combination of low noise and high image detail. The previous record holders E-P1 and E-P2 on the criterion of the quality of the picture to move to the side. The main and major shortcomings of the new camera I just seen the loss of control rings and an increase in the minimum shutter speed to 1 / 2000 sec. All other cut-off compared with the older foams, I think we can survive. Given the low price of E-PL1, this camera, in my opinion, waiting for a big and deserved success."
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    This was my conclusion as well in my testing having had a P1 for a few days then trying the PL1. I gave up on them to move to a D5000 Nikon with 2 lenses. But I am thinking if I run into some $$$ in the immediate future I just might get one again just to have one on board. I was THAT impressed. I'll be posting some large pics taken the other day while I was testing. It didn't match up to the low noise high ISO performance of the D5000 (which is why I ended up going that route) BUT it was remarkable nevertheless. In the end I preferred the new button arrangement as it is so intuitive I never read the manual and was whipping through all the feature set within a half hour. Now THAT says something.:tongue: