1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL1 High ISO images with Teddy the Bouncer

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by robifis, Feb 2, 2011.

1. robifis

robifis New to Mu-43

Jan 30, 2011
    Hello everyone,

This is my first post and after reading huge amounts of threads on this forum I decided to contribute something.

Here are some High ISO images shot with my E-PL1 and a Carl Zeiss 50mm f/2.8 M42 Lens.

All these images are jpeg's and NR was set to Normal.

All these images seem usable to me even the HIGH ISO's at 2000, 2500 and 3200.

ISO's are from left to right: 100,200,400,800,1600,2000,2500,3200

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Ahhhhh, the Teddy Bear test. I've been waiting for something more scientific than the test the members have been posting.
    Now at last, we have real world results.
    Thanks...and welcome aboard...
    Don

3. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome Robi and Teddy

Robifis welcome to the forum. I use both the E-P1 and E-PL1 at high ISO (PL1 having better quality at high ISO and in general vs. P1) and am generally pleased with the results as well. I remember several years ago someone made a great point about the criticism that Oly digital cameras in general had poorer IQ and more noise at high ISOs compared to other brands---in the good ol' days of film, the same was true---higher ISO film had worse color and more grain that slower speed film. I would take the high ISO shots from the E-P1 and E-PL1 over images taken with 1600 ASA Fuji or Kodak color film (just my opinion).

Enjoy your E-PL1!

4. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Unfortunately, you rarely need high ISO for well lit, bright scenes ... try this with a dark(er) room, and I bet you'll see more of a difference.

5. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    tc, I use high ISO in good light because I like the way it records.
    It could be bright sun and I might use ISO 1250-1600 and sometimes higher...
    Cool stuff...

6. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Right, but you're the freak who wants noise/grain in their images! :)