1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-PL1 Full Spectrum IR & 14-150 Oly M 4/3 lens

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mark Hilliard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Here is a new test image with my new Olympus 14-150 micro 4/3 lens. I used the E-PL1 Full Spectrum IR conversion along with a B+W 090 590nm filter! The lens has a really good build and smooth zoom control. I am very pleased with the sharpness and contrast! The image is my standard test location. It is processed as a Faux Color image with a B&W to follow. This camera is the BEST IR system I have used (It is my 9th!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mark, thanks to your photos here I was just looking at your blog - very interesting, indeed! I'm totally ignorant re infrared photography. Thanks for these two!

3. Mark Hilliard

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Glad you liked it

I am happy that you find this interesting! I find that I shoot 100 IR images to each color image until hummingbird time!

www.LowCountry-Hummingbirds.com

Then I seem to be only able to follow these little warriors around!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm looking at that Live Web Cam of the Hummingbirds! Wow!!

5. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    What is your scheme for False color?

I still remember Infrared Ektachrome producing Red leaves, and a number of photographers using mixes of Wratten filters to get correct skin tones and allow everything else to "go wild". I like to notch out certain bands.

6. Mark Hilliard

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    I set up the camera with an IR filter that gives more color like the B+W 041 (570nm) 090 (590nm Goldie) or the 091 (720nm). Make SURE you white balance correctly!!!!!! Processing is a channel swap and adjustment (you can read the details of this on my blog by clicking on it below) using a Photoshop action that you can download directly from my blog. I adjust the channel saturation and hue in the Cyan and Red channel within the action. I then use Viveza from NIK Software to bring out the colors. The ENTIRE process takes a min or two per picture! Easy!