E-PL1 Full Spectrum IR & 14-150 Oly M 4/3 lens

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Mark Hilliard, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Mark Hilliard

Mark Hilliard Mu-43 Regular

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Here is a new test image with my new Olympus 14-150 micro 4/3 lens. I used the E-PL1 Full Spectrum IR conversion along with a B+W 090 590nm filter! The lens has a really good build and smooth zoom control. I am very pleased with the sharpness and contrast! The image is my standard test location. It is processed as a Faux Color image with a B&W to follow. This camera is the BEST IR system I have used (It is my 9th!)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Mark, thanks to your photos here I was just looking at your blog - very interesting, indeed! I'm totally ignorant re infrared photography. Thanks for these two!

3. Mark Hilliard

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Glad you liked it

I am happy that you find this interesting! I find that I shoot 100 IR images to each color image until hummingbird time!

www.LowCountry-Hummingbirds.com

Then I seem to be only able to follow these little warriors around!

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

I'm looking at that Live Web Cam of the Hummingbirds! Wow!!

5. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    What is your scheme for False color?

I still remember Infrared Ektachrome producing Red leaves, and a number of photographers using mixes of Wratten filters to get correct skin tones and allow everything else to "go wild". I like to notch out certain bands.

6. Mark Hilliard

Jun 22, 2010
    Pawleys Island, SC
    I set up the camera with an IR filter that gives more color like the B+W 041 (570nm) 090 (590nm Goldie) or the 091 (720nm). Make SURE you white balance correctly!!!!!! Processing is a channel swap and adjustment (you can read the details of this on my blog by clicking on it below) using a Photoshop action that you can download directly from my blog. I adjust the channel saturation and hue in the Cyan and Red channel within the action. I then use Viveza from NIK Software to bring out the colors. The ENTIRE process takes a min or two per picture! Easy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.