"E-PL1 For Dummies"-- Book Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Micro 4/3 News and Rumors' started by tpitch14, May 25, 2010.

1. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. keehotee

keehotee Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 22, 2010
    Bristol, UK
    Also available here for a fraction of the cost :wink: (how difficult can it be - even I can use one...:biggrin: )

3. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    If I come across any dummies, I'll be sure to recommend it to them :rolleyes:

Thanks for the pointer :smile:

Cheers

Brian

4. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    Hey, hey... just passing along the word as an option :biggrin: I happen to think Olympus makes some of the finest instruction manuals around, but some may want the extra help...

5. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    tpitch i have the magic lantern guide for the ep1 and its a good reference , it has some insights and thoughts that has helped

the epl1 for dummies will probably be a good resourse, if you can get past the name

6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I have the Magic Lantern Guide for the E-P1, too. Bought it for my E-P2, but it still helps now... I'll be interested to see what the "For Dummies" guide is like and expect it will be helpful for many. Thanks tpitch!

As an aside the Magic Lantern Guides have a nice plus of being just about the same size as the manual, so they're easy to carry around if you feel the need, but they haven't gotten around to making another version, yet.

7. tpitch14

tpitch14 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    PA
    I've also heard the Magic Lantern series is nice... maybe they'll follow suit for the E-PL1?

8. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    There is also DVD tutorial's for Pens series including PL1.
    This is interesting as there is nothing for the excellent G series Panasonic cameras.
    Could be more support out there for Oly or the thinking is Oly users need more help with the Pen series than Pany models
    Really all are easy to use once familar BUT they ARE different :wink: