1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-PL1 for $280 + tax.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Feb 4, 2011.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    B&N sells the E-PL1 for $569. Right now Groupon is selling a $20 B&N gift certificate for $10. Buy 28 + how many it takes to cover tax in your state and get the E-PL1 for half price. Groupon insists that it's only 1 GC per person/transaction. Barnes and Noble disagrees. Since it's a B&N gift certificate, they have final say. I purchased a Nook Color at my local store today with 14 GC's which cost me $140 and I have $8 in change left over. The online payment systems only allows for 3 gift cards per transaction. In store and over the phone it's unlimited. Sadly, B&N doesn't carry cameras in store. If you order online with phone payment, you can apply all the GCs. B&N also sells many other types of DSLRs as well as lenses if you are looking for something different. Just think of it as a half price sale. They sell the Oly 17mm but sadly not the Panny 20mm.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oldskoolboarder

oldskoolboarder Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    Clever way to work the system.

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    If you ordered off Groupon Deal of the Day: Find Great Deals on Fun Things to Do or merchant.groupon.com it can take hours. The one I ordered yesterday took 4-5 hours to show up. It's because the servers are slammed by this deal. I ordered another at 1am and it showed up in seconds. Use a less impacted server, touch.groupon.com. It's the mobile server. I used that all last night and it only took a couple of minutes for it to show.

That 1 per transaction verbage has always been there. The B&N store I went to this morning called corp and was told that there is no limit. If you use the online system, it's limited to 3 due to software issues. If you pay by phone, there is no limit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.