1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-pl1 Double Zoom Kit help

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chuckrock, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Chuckrock

Chuckrock Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2011
    Scotland
    Hi I am new to photography and was looking to buy an Olympus E-pl1 and saw this deal for £349.99 on their website

http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/body-kits/olympus/e-pl1-double-zoom-kit-ii-p-837-c-69.htm
    and
    http://shop.olympus.co.uk/e_commerce/body-kits/olympus/e-pl1-14-42mm-kit-p-620.htm

On the website you can get a Double lens kit and also a Double double lens kit II

Is there any difference between these two kits as the specs look the same or is the II meaning the mark II lens.

any help would be very appreciated

Thanks

2. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Your link only shows one picture, not very helpful. Went to the site, and from what I could see one kit is with silver camera and lens and the other has black camera and lens.

3. Chuckrock

Chuckrock Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2011
    Scotland
    thanks for the response but you can pick any of the colours from either of the links

just 1 is marked II and the other not just wondering if any difference

4. Chuckrock

Chuckrock Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2011
    Scotland
    Ah found the difference the first kit is using a MMF-2 adapter with a 4/3 lens whereas the II kit has a micro 4/3 mount

Would i be best going for the II kit as this is made for the camera

5. harrysue

harrysue Mu-43 Regular

Mar 12, 2011
    The Micro43 40-150 focuses much faster and is less weight. If that is in the II kit, it would be preferred.

I originally had the older 4/3 40-150 as part of a DSLR kit and used it with the adapter on my PEN. It's OK, but I never use it anymore after getting the M43 lens.

6. Chuckrock

Chuckrock Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 19, 2011
    Scotland
    Thanks for the advice think I will go with the m43 lens kit

Much appreciated