'E-PL1 Body Only = $179 USD'

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
  2. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    says its refurbished.
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    I never said it was new - that being said, I've bought lots of refurbished stuff with absolutely no problems whatsoever :smile:
  4. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I agree on refurbished. I've had 4 refurbs over the last several years: Canon G6, XTi, and XSi plus Oly E-PL2. All very satisfactory and significant savings vs. new.
  5. scottyboy

scottyboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2011
    mercer county,OHIO
    i didn't say you did nor did i say anything was wrong with refurb.all i did was to let people know the condition.
  6. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    My E PL1 takes wonderful pictures.
  7. David

David Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2011
    Does the refurbish units look used ? or are they just just warranty claim and been repaired?
  8. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oly EPL1 produces the most vibrant pic out of the whole MFT clan.I just love it.Only reason I sold it was the slow shutter speed and refusal to focus in low light. Otherwise I loved it and still thinking of getting this body .
  9. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Depends on the company. Some people just check to make sure it works and then send it to you full of scratches. Others will do a full refurb which basically amounts to anything that's being touched will be new. New case et al. Apple, Sony and Lenovo are examples of companies that do a full refurb. They are industinguishable from new. I don't know about Olympus. Considering that these are clearly labeled as demos, I would think that they aren't fully refurbished. If they were, there would be no reason to say that.
  10. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Good question.
    All my refurbished save one Olympus have been Nikons. The Nikon refurbs all looked like they came from factory brand new however the Olympus had a few small scratches....
  11. stilabel2

stilabel2 New to Mu-43

Dec 30, 2011
    Stanwood, WA - USA
    E-PL1 Factory Demo & low light focus

I carry a small tactical flash to illuminate the subject to get focus lock then fire the shutter. This has worked very well for me in low light situations. I have two EPl-1's one has the 17mm lens and the other the Panasonic 45-200 mounted. I normally carry the one with the 17mm everyday and both when out in the field. The Jpgs are absolutely great out of camera and I generally shoot Raw/Jpg. The second body I bought from Cameta Camera which was my four refurbished/factory demo body or system and all of them have been in excellent condition and worked perfectly.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blake

Blake New to Mu-43

Dec 31, 2011
    I got one and it was in perfect condition. Still has the plastic over the LCD even.
  13. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Just a bump that the E-pl1 refurbished body is back in stock at cameta camera, currently a paltry $129!
  14. MirrorlessMan

MirrorlessMan Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 19, 2012
  15. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I bought a kit from a local camera shop early last year for $350 when Amazon and others were still offering it for $450 or so and thought it was a great deal at that cost. This is a ridiculously good deal for anyone looking for a second body or a body to use with legacy glass (with a VF-2 or VF-3).
  16. dhazeghi

dhazeghi Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 6, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Pretty soon they'll be paying people to take them! Seriously a great deal! I'd sure hate to be somebody trying to sell an E-PL1 these days though.

17. blinky

blinky Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 10, 2011
    I'd reiterate what others have said about having a quality camera and a lens, even if it does say refurbished.
  18. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    My Olympus 40-150, 70-300, E-P2 were all "refurbished" factory demos and looked brand new. Never had a problem with them.
  19. ryansinibaldi

ryansinibaldi Mu-43 Regular

Mar 9, 2012
    Jeez, that is so much camera for so little money.