E-PL1 arrived today, may I introduce

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dave92029, May 12, 2010.

1. dave92029

dave92029 Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    Jack The Cat, my constant companion for the past ten years, my most used model. :biggrin:

2. JoeG

JoeG Mu-43 Regular

Congratulations on the new camera. Jack looks thrilled!

Actually, nice photo. I like that canine tooth (hope he'll pardon the expression). Reminds you he's a predator.

3. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome dave92029 (and mustn't forget jack).

5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Dave congrats on the E-PL1. Jack should feel right at home with the animal life around here - love that canine, too!:biggrin:

6. dave92029

dave92029 Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    Sleeping Jack

Last evening while watching TV I heard Jack The Cat snore, so during a commercial I took this candid shot with my new E-PL1. I tried the "bounce Flash" technique. :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Well that worked out quite well - was it at full flash in a really dark room? I see that Jack is taking a break from his nocturnal activities.:wink:

8. dave92029

dave92029 Mu-43 Regular

May 7, 2010
    Escondido, CA
    Fill Flash

I believe that I have the camera set for fill flash, but I was very close to him and I really didn't want to frighten him. As it turned out, he slept, or appeared to sleep right through my picture taking and the flash going off. :cool:

It seems that he only gets up to move to a different place to sleep. I get tired looking at him. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  9. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Lee
    Time for some OTHER animal pics

here's one of my sweet bunny Priscilla looking guilty:biggrin:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome ! Both of you. Congrats on your E-PL1 ! Your model looks great.
    Enjoy your weekend.

11. FaradayCage

FaradayCage Mu-43 Regular

Apr 22, 2010
    Lovely rabbit, I had a lop-eared bunny... but your pic with the white plate illustrates something odd I've noticed about EPL1 metering. It looks very underexposed, and I've noticed when out in bright sun, taking a pic of something like white peeling paint on a building, the camera tends to squash the exposure. Easy to compensate with a stop of positive EV, but look at your live histogram when shooting bright white objects with the EPL1. You may need to compensate. Odd, given that the dope on the PENs was that they blow out the highlights.

[​IMG]