E-PL1 arrived today, may I introduce

JoeG

Mu-43 Regular
Congratulations on the new camera. Jack looks thrilled!

Actually, nice photo. I like that canine tooth (hope he'll pardon the expression). Reminds you he's a predator.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Dave congrats on the E-PL1. Jack should feel right at home with the animal life around here - love that canine, too!:biggrin:

dave92029

Mu-43 Regular
Sleeping Jack

Last evening while watching TV I heard Jack The Cat snore, so during a commercial I took this candid shot with my new E-PL1. I tried the "bounce Flash" technique. :biggrin:

Reactions: BBW

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Well that worked out quite well - was it at full flash in a really dark room? I see that Jack is taking a break from his nocturnal activities.:wink:

dave92029

Mu-43 Regular
Fill Flash

I believe that I have the camera set for fill flash, but I was very close to him and I really didn't want to frighten him. As it turned out, he slept, or appeared to sleep right through my picture taking and the flash going off. :cool:

It seems that he only gets up to move to a different place to sleep. I get tired looking at him. :wink:

Reactions: BBW

FaradayCage

Mu-43 Regular
here's one of my sweet bunny Priscilla looking guilty:biggrin:

View attachment 144811
Lovely rabbit, I had a lop-eared bunny... but your pic with the white plate illustrates something odd I've noticed about EPL1 metering. It looks very underexposed, and I've noticed when out in bright sun, taking a pic of something like white peeling paint on a building, the camera tends to squash the exposure. Easy to compensate with a stop of positive EV, but look at your live histogram when shooting bright white objects with the EPL1. You may need to compensate. Odd, given that the dope on the PENs was that they blow out the highlights.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)