1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-pl 1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Chrisireland84, May 8, 2016.

1. Chrisireland84

Chrisireland84 Mu-43 Rookie

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    hi I have a epl1 had it a few years from new with a couple of lenses not picked the camera up for about 2 years and was wondering what would be a decent upgrade to the camera body ? Lost my way in which pen models are in the range I wouldn't like to spend a fortune maybe a older body but better than the epl1

2. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Well honestly just about anything is going to be an upgrade!

Can you give a few more details about budget and what you want in a camera? Do you want a viewfinder? Smallest size? Just need a little more to go on.

3. Chrisireland84

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Thanks for the reply I find the epl1 a bit slow not to bothered about size wanted to spend no more than £400 I will have second hand

4. tkbslc

£400 could get you a brand new e-m10 mark II. That's a fantastic current model camera. You could get the previous version for almost half that.

If you wanted a top end camera from 2 years ago, the EP5 is quite affordable used, as is the Panasonic GX7.

5. usayit

usayit Mu-43 Hall of Famer

E-PL1 is a very early micro 43rds camera (I still shoot with 3 of them). Pretty much anything these days would be a good step up. Get the newest you can afford. If you want a viewfinder, I'd recommend the latest E-M10 or E-M5.

6. Chrisireland84

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Thanks for the replies will look into the cameras in the mean time has anyone got any settings for the epl1 that are essential to turn on/off

7. Chrisireland84

May 8, 2016
    Chris ireland
    Thanks for the suggestions I have been offered a used epl5 for my epl1 and £50 would people say this is a good price/ upgrade from the epl1 ?

8. tkbslc

That is a very good upgrade. The E-pl5 has image quality rivaling the latest models and the performance and AF speed is very good.