E-P5 Wood Grip By J.B. Camera Designs

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Yuup. Had not even been seen taking any photos of anything, nor did they have any interest in seeing anything I had actually taken on the camera when offered. Just - having a camera 2 blocks from your own house in broad daylight is enough for a good 5-10 minute pigging. Don't you know there is a school and a daycare centre in this suburb? :/
You didn't have the camera strapped to your shoe did you? :biggrin:

I guess that's the problem when you're not carrying a big pro-looking camera, you're clearly up to no good. :eek:

Mind you, I've never before heard of police bothering anyone with a camera.

piggsy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Me either, after it happened I spent hours digging through old flickr posts on interactions with the police over cameras in australia and couldn't find anything like it. Annoying people or taking photos of the police, or photographing something someone doesn't want you to - sure - but just for having a camera in your hand and not using it is crazy.

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Me either, after it happened I spent hours digging through old flickr posts on interactions with the police over cameras in australia and couldn't find anything like it. Annoying people or taking photos of the police, or photographing something someone doesn't want you to - sure - but just for having a camera in your hand and not using it is crazy.
The other thing is that you are legally allowed to photograph anything in public and publish those photos without seeking permission, as long as they aren't used for commercial gain if individuals can be identified. The police wouldn't have a leg to stand on when it came to anyone carrying a camera; notwithstanding that just about everyone carries a fairly capable camera in their phone anyway.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
It sounds like someone is big(or pig)noting themselves & are clearly over stepping the law in this respect.

Mstoeckle

Mu-43 Regular
I Likes my J.B Grip. Also, don't send a Ferrari to do a Hummer's job. (My looks over functionality comparison.)

Uncle Frank

Photo Enthusiast
Real Name
Frank
Maybe the wooden handle looked too suspiciously like a gun stock. :rolleyes: :wink:
More like a peashooter. But when the camera in being held, the vertical post is invisible.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You've been a vocal critic of the Woodie, Ross, but if you ever saw one in person, I think you'd change your tune. It's a fine bit of craftsmanship, and actually enhances the looks of the ep5. Imho.

Ross the fiddler

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ross
More like a peashooter. But when the camera in being held, the vertical post is invisible.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You've been a vocal critic of the Woodie, Ross, but if you ever saw one in person, I think you'd change your tune. It's a fine bit of craftsmanship, and actually enhances the looks of the ep5. Imho.
Thanks Frank. :biggrin: We each have different tastes & life would be boring if we all liked the same things anyhow. :wink: :biggrin: Personally, I would prefer something 'more like' the Hasselblad design attached to a metal plate, but that's only my tastes. :rolleyes:

:drinks:

PS Sorry if I get a bit carried away with my stirring. :redface:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom