1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

E-P5 wifi remote

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by vchaney, Sep 13, 2013.

1. vchaney

vchaney Mu-43 Regular

Sep 22, 2010
    Does anyone know whether the EP5's wifi functionality be updated to mirror the E-M1's? It would be great if it were. I prefer the separate viewfinder on the ep5 but really want the manual modes in remote control for group shots and self timer type shots.

Cheers,

Vince

2. Cornelius

Cornelius Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2013
    I would love that option. Can't believe there isn't already one. How do you go about pulling off a timed photo. There's got to be a remote option.

3. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Oly should update the software so the E-P5 supports full manual controls too. If not, someone needs to hack it because I know it's not a hardware issue. Wifi remote is useless in iAuto.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cornelius

Cornelius Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2013
    Well, I just got mine, literally 2days ago. I have yet to unearth the magic of iAuto. So that is where his camera has some remote capabilities. This type of unit, considering the price point etc., shoud be offering remote capabilities or at the very least customized count down to shutter.

5. vesanieminen

vesanieminen Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 8, 2013
    Finland
    Vesa Nieminen
    It's not totally useless, you can use it as a kind of party mode when people come over etc. It's just next to useless :)

Hopefully Olympus will add full manual mode controls to the remote for the PEN as well. I can't imagine why they would not do so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. vesanieminen

vesanieminen Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 8, 2013
    Finland
    Vesa Nieminen
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blastop

Blastop Mu-43 Regular

Jun 20, 2011
    This and the limited video modes were my biggest disappointments with the E-P5 (non integrated viewfinder was much smaller for me). If they fix the video I'd be mighty tempted!

Sent from my One S using Mu-43 mobile app

8. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    Just updated to 1.3 this morning! Makes me feel so good about the EP-5 purchase now!

• Like Like x 1
  9. daum

daum Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2011
    Yep. I love my E-P5!!

10. rparmar

rparmar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 14, 2011
    Limerick, Ireland
    Firmware upgrades demonstrate that Olympus appreciates our business. I pay a lot of heed to such things. And just bought an E-P5. It arrived today and now has firmware 1.3 and most of the settings tweaked. Though no doubt that is not a job for one evening.