E-P5 wifi issues

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I know Oly did not make it easy with the wifi set up, but I have done this in the past with no issues. Now I have a new-to-me E-P5 and the wifi is baffling. I can't get the camera to generate the QR code.I hit Wi-Fi "button" on screen and get a screen about Preparing Wi-fi connection. Page 1/3. I hit next for page 2 and get a message telling me to install Olympus Image Share and press OK when it is installed. It is installed, but pressing Next/OK does nothing., No code, and after 15 seconds or so the camera kicks back in to shooting mode.

Any one have a clue about this?

Thanks.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Have you tried resetting the wifi settings?
Numerous times, as well as the entire camera.

Talked to Olympus tech support this morning. They were very nice and tried hard, but of no help. Except they did mention that I should see some sort of wifi icon when the camera tries to connect, which I don't. So I am going to try it on a different wifi option and see if that matters. Doubtful it will, but we'll see.

The good news is the seller I purchased from is totally willing to stand behind the camera. Nice to see that, and not necessarily a given any more.

Yycdave

Mu-43 Regular
I too went through this with my E-M10 and the only way to restore the wifi was to reset the entire camera. It worked great after that, but u wish there was a way to download menu settings so you don't have to go through every single one after a reset.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
may be try different wi-fi settings (e.g. "Private") and connect?
I tried every variation of the settings multiple times. No luck.

I too went through this with my E-M10 and the only way to restore the wifi was to reset the entire camera. It worked great after that, but u wish there was a way to download menu settings so you don't have to go through every single one after a reset.
Did this twice. No luck.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom