E-P5 wheels for aperture, shutter speed and exp compensation at A mode??

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jimmyzou, May 17, 2015.

1. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    New to E-P5, and probably I need to read the manual first but I guess there is no harm to ask:
    How to set the front and rear wheel for adjusting aperture or shutter speed or exposure compensation? The default setting now is that both wheels are set at WB - which is something I usually do not really care much, as I do RAW batch converting anyway.
    Not new to M4/3 but recently came back, can anyone give me your "trick"?
    Thanks!

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Set the 2x2 switch to position 1 then try again.
    Probably a good idea to simply reset the camera as the previous user may have done lots of other odd settings.

3. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    My EP5 was a refurbished camera and it came with the following settings; in manual mode the front dial controls the aperture and the rear dial controls the shutter speed. Switch the 2x2 to position 2 and the front dial controls white balance and the rear dial controls exposure compensation. Both dials can be customized to control just about anything you want on the camera's settings. I changed my front dial (in 2x2 switch position 2) to control ISO as I leave white balance on Auto because I shoot RAW+JPG and can easily correct white balance with a RAW file. I've also gone through all my settings modes (P-S-A-M) so that the front dial always controls my aperture and my rear dial always controls my shutter speed (2x2 switch set to position 1).
    Bobby

4. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    Mode 1 works :) thanks!
    Reset the set up too, now having some others stuff to figure out;)

5. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks, we have similar setup now :)

6. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    E-P5 is pretty good indeed, somehow I still feel I prefer and get used to GX7's control faster, that's just me.