E-P5 wheels for aperture, shutter speed and exp compensation at A mode??

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jimmyzou, May 17, 2015.

1. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    New to E-P5, and probably I need to read the manual first but I guess there is no harm to ask:
    How to set the front and rear wheel for adjusting aperture or shutter speed or exposure compensation? The default setting now is that both wheels are set at WB - which is something I usually do not really care much, as I do RAW batch converting anyway.
    Not new to M4/3 but recently came back, can anyone give me your "trick"?
    Thanks!

2. Growltiger

Growltiger Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 26, 2014
    UK
    Set the 2x2 switch to position 1 then try again.
    Probably a good idea to simply reset the camera as the previous user may have done lots of other odd settings.

3. zensu

zensu Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Alabama USA
    Bobby
    My EP5 was a refurbished camera and it came with the following settings; in manual mode the front dial controls the aperture and the rear dial controls the shutter speed. Switch the 2x2 to position 2 and the front dial controls white balance and the rear dial controls exposure compensation. Both dials can be customized to control just about anything you want on the camera's settings. I changed my front dial (in 2x2 switch position 2) to control ISO as I leave white balance on Auto because I shoot RAW+JPG and can easily correct white balance with a RAW file. I've also gone through all my settings modes (P-S-A-M) so that the front dial always controls my aperture and my rear dial always controls my shutter speed (2x2 switch set to position 1).
    Bobby

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    Mode 1 works :) thanks!
    Reset the set up too, now having some others stuff to figure out;)

5. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    Thanks, we have similar setup now :)

6. jimmyzou

jimmyzou Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Canada
    E-P5 is pretty good indeed, somehow I still feel I prefer and get used to GX7's control faster, that's just me.