E-P5 - The rainbow sensor [A CALL TO ALL LOVERS OF COLOUR]

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by idjohnson, Dec 8, 2013.

1. idjohnson

idjohnson New to Mu-43

Dec 8, 2013
    Hello all!

A question for you Oly shooters out there. Owners of the E-P5 and E-M5, have you also found the files produced by your sensors are a veritable goldmine of hidden colours, just WAITING to be drawn out in post production?

I have had some interesting results using Lightroom recently and I just want to see what other people have been able to squeeze out.

• Like Like x 5
  2. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    ...I'd add that sometimes those hidden colors are in the same family and add dramatically to tonality. Most colors here are similar, but I love the gradation depth. AND this is just a snapshot in jpg! I like that my Oly makes grab shots somehow more worthy of later consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darren Bonner

Darren Bonner Mu-43 All-Pro

May 1, 2013
    Poole UK
    I have the E-PL5 which has the same sensor and yesterday I cursed myself as I took some photo's in Jpeg instead of RAW as soon as they loaded up onto my computer. However looking at them and doing some minor tweaks in Lightroom, I do like how they have turned out.
    Sometimes it is the minor details that have colour in them that's make the difference.

Fishing boats by Darren Bonner, on Flickr

Little Kath by Darren Bonner, on Flickr

Boat radar by Darren Bonner, on Flickr

Boats by Darren Bonner, on Flickr

Boats by Darren Bonner, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 4
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Interesting what you were able to tease out, I do like Olympus color.
    • Like Like x 1