1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-P5. Stuck pixels.

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Johbremat, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Can't see anything on the resulting images, so unsure if it's an issue with the sensor or not.

E-P5 has a couple of red pixels constantly on, on the LCD. When I use the EVF, they also display as such.

Anyone familiar with the issue?

Was wondering if a full reset may fix it, unless there's an inbuilt tool in the camera I'm not aware of. Haven't done so as yet, while waiting on the rumoured firmware update.

2. bikerhiker

bikerhiker Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 24, 2013
    Canada
    David
    You can try pixel mapping them out. It's in the utility section of the menu. Have the body cap on when you're doing this. See if this helps.

3. rpringle

rpringle Mu-43 Regular

Jan 9, 2014
    I noticed this when I was shooting in a dark setting on my E P5 as well. However only noticed them when I cleared the UI because it was in the lower left corner where some text was. I used the pixel mapping option and it cleared it up. From what I have gathered it clones the neighboring pixel, doesn't really get rid of the problem but makes it go away. Every digital camera I've owned has had dead pixels at one point or another, either straight out of the box or sometime after. I'm glad Olympus has a pretty easy solution.

To find the setting push menu, gear menu J, and pixel mapping. Do it with lens or body cap on and full battery to be safe.

4. Johbremat

Johbremat Mu-43 Regular

Dec 5, 2013
    Pixel Mapping! That's what it was called.

Thanks y'all. Did the trick.

Fingers crossed the issue doesn't recur and propagate too fast. Would hate to have to use the utility anymore often than the recommended annual run.