E-P5 menu setting question

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by ep519010, Oct 7, 2013.

1. ep519010

ep519010 New to Mu-43

Oct 7, 2013
    I just received a new E-P5. Whenever I select the Menu button, the camera goes to the "top" of the menus. I navigate into the menus, changes some settings (for example, auto focus menu A), and then press the focus button halfway. When I select Menu again, I go back to the Top of all the menus instead of the Last menu I was just in.

I have used Nikon, Canon, and Sony cameras that typically have a setting that let's you choose to go to the Top menu or Last menu. Does this exist for the E-P5? If so, how?

(I've read the manual and can't find anything about it.)
  2. nuclearboy

nuclearboy Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    I am not sure about your specific question. I have not seen this option either but others may chime in. I am responding just in case you are unfamiliar with the SCP (super control panel). Turning this on may make your menu dives a lot easier.
  3. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    On mine if I back all the way out using the Menu button then it places me back at the top of the menu list (as you would expect), but if I do a shutter half-press to exit, then it at least partially goes back to where you left off (as much as two levels deep) when you press the Menu button again.