E-P3, what's the point in upgrading firmware to 1.1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by raphpict, Dec 9, 2011.

1. raphpict

raphpict Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi all !
    Just got my e-p3 and learning to use it.
    It came with firmware 1.0, but i see no good reason to upgrade to 1.1 as i don't bought yet the VF-2...
    Am i right thinking that there's no point upgrading ?
    (btw, i'be been fighting to set the camera...loosing my setting with upgrade discourage me to do it...)
    Have a great day !

2. czzzla

czzzla New to Mu-43

Nov 17, 2011
    I haven't upgrade it yet too. I dont have a VF yet so I guess there is no point of upgrading

3. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    I have the vf2 and haven't upgraded

4. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    These are what they've fixed :

Firmware Update for OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
    [ E-P3 ]
    -
    The issue of the buttons not working when the Monitor (Touch screen) is touched while using the Electronic viewfinder has been resolved.

-
    The issue of the AF target not displaying while using the Eye-Fi card has been resolved.

and I remember that someone mentioned that 1.1 firmware makes the panasonic lens 'clicking'. This 'clicking' happens if you point the lens to bright area and then you point it to dark area or vice versa. It adjusts aperture all the time to make the display normal on LCD. If the light condition is stable, the 'clicking' is not an issue.

I didn't realize this when I have 1.0 firmware because at that time I still don't have any panasonic lens. Hope this helps.

• Like Like x 1
  5. David A

David A Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 30, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    [QUOTE="zerotiu"

and I remember that someone mentioned that 1.1 firmware makes the panasonic lens 'clicking'. This 'clicking' happens if you point the lens to bright area and then you point it to dark area or vice versa. It adjusts aperture all the time to make the display normal on LCD. If the light condition is stable, the 'clicking' is not an issue.

I didn't realize this when I have 1.0 firmware because at that time I still don't have any panasonic lens. Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have seen someone mention that the update didn't fix the "rattlesnake" problem since it was around well before the update and it still exists now. The update didn't cause this problem and also didn't fix it.