1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

E-P3 Scene Wide Setting, wide does it do?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by flatlander, Nov 6, 2013.

1. flatlander

flatlander New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2013
    Just got a wide adapter for E-P3 camera, put it on and thought hmm cool. Then I remembered the SCN setting for wide adapter and when I selected it the image got much wider. I then noticed that even with just the kit lens (and no adapter), selecting this scene provides a wider field of vision. Cant find any info on what the camera is actually doing to provide a wider field of vision. Does anyone know?

2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I assume you are talking about the wide angle setting in the scene mode. According to the manual it is where you are suppose to set the camera when using the wide angle adaptor{likewise you use the fisheye with that lens and the macro with the close up lens}. I assume the settings are for handling exposure metering and focus through the added on lens. The settings are NOT suppose to do anything without the accessory lenses fitted. When I test my E-PL2 in these settings it does nothing. I tested it with the kit lens and several others and changing the setting does nothing. I don't have any of the add on lenses so I can't test what this does with them. If you are convinced that it is doing something please post some samples.

3. flatlander

flatlander New to Mu-43

Nov 6, 2013
    :redface: im a dumb @$$ , figered it out when it was in wide scn mode it was doing what it was supposed to do, when switched back to normal program it was enabling and selecting the digital zoom hense the narrow field..... it does make no noticable difference I could see..... on the side my old b-28 converter I used to use on my 3030 works pretty well. Thanks