1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

E-P3 - reverting from manual focus

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by jamespetts, Feb 2, 2013.

1. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I have set the FN1 button on my E-P3 to manual focus. My normal focussing mode is S-AF (MF). Whenever I use the MF button, however, and press it for a second time to revert to AF, I am returned to the straight S-AF mode, which continually re-focusses even when I have not pressed the shutter button, and which does not allow manual focus adjustment. Is there any way to cause it to revert to S-AF (MF), does anyone know?

2. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Rob
    I have my EP3 set up the same way, and when I hit Fn1 it toggles between MF and S-AF(MF). Works every time.

Is S-AF(MF) set in the Super Control Panel? Maybe you have the default setting to S-AF and it reverts to that. I have the super control panel enabled and my focus is set to S-AF(MF).

Hope this helps.

3. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    Aha - I think that I have it: I needed to turn "full time AF" off. Works well now. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction of the menu settings...

4. Strick

Strick Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Rob
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.