E-P3 or GH2?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by abiogyee, Jan 18, 2012.

1. abiogyee

abiogyee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    Trying to build my system. I have the 45mm 1.8 & fl36r already. Looking towards either 20mm or 25mm. So which one would you choose , oly or panny? Only shooting in raw at low light, maybe videos too. Appreciate the help.

Oly pros:
    Ibis (does this matter vs gh2 to have faster shutter?)
    Smaller and lighter

Panny pros
    Viewfinder
    Articulated LCD(maybe ok)

2. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    If you're committed to only shooting raw, then I'd go for the Panny. The Oly gives wonderful jpgs, but there isn't much point in bothering with raw - you can't do much better than the E-P3 does on its own.

3. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    seriously you have to define what the shots you are wanting to take, portrait, action, star trails???

Also 'shooting at low light' is another variable... what do YOU mean by low light? are you shooting friends in a candle lit restaurant, running kid in your living room.

also bizarre you bought a lens and now you are asking for what camera

e-p3 and GH2 are fine cameras... own an e-p1 and a gh2 myself.... GH2 is a very fine video camera... if you actually want to make movies as opposed to shooting long pictures with things moving :)

define your problem and I will give an answer

4. abiogyee

abiogyee Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2012
    I am shooting portrait, kids running/ sports, low light... friends in a candle lit restaurant and living room. Just asking which camera is better for the things I wanna shoot. Stills are priority than movies, for now...

5. VasManI

VasManI Mu-43 Regular

Jan 21, 2011
    That said, don't waste your time or money on an Olympus body. They are all outdated compared to the GH2.

6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Neither.
    OM-D :cool:

7. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    While I can't say what's best for the OP I can say that the GH2 is the worst camera ever made for photographing star trails.

Gordon

• Like Like x 1